Masters of the Universe

The place for straight-talking on painting techniques, supplies, and other mini-painting topics. Link to your paintjobs here, if you want to know what we *really* think!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Masters of the Universe

Postby Australian Dawn » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:22 pm

It would make a good slime pit for your slime guys. There seems to be a slime pit toy that looks quite like it, probably from latter than you're interested in but there was a slime pit toy even back in my day, even if it didn't look quite like your well of evil spirits, so there is a precedent and the idea seems generic enough to work, the one that looks a bit like your well seems to be called the mutant slime pit.
Yours looks great anyway and works just fine as an Evil Spirits Well, I just thought I'd mention it.

Keep up the good work. :beer:
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Re: Masters of the Universe

Postby Voice From Limbo » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:52 pm

It immediately reminded me of those "travel tunnels" or whatever they're called*, from the Terry Goodkind book series. Probably too out-of-universe for your project, and you'd need at least another one -- or several -- for it to work.

*It's been so long, I can't remember. I read the first three or so, but got tired of the constant sadism. I had a similar experience with the Gor series, way back in the late 60's. There, of course, it took the form of the most extreme misogynistic BDSM. Wasn't too bad in the first two books, but I started the third, and said "fuck this". The only books I can recall ever throwing in the bin, rather than letting them infect innocent minds.

Hey-- it looks great, BTW; if you hadn't said otherwise, I would have believed it was from the original toy line.
Voice From Limbo

Previous

Return to Painters Unite! UK Forum