Meanwhile, in the rest of the world...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Meanwhile, in the rest of the world...

Postby Australian Dawn » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:58 am

So now it sounds like Australian Labour is going to try sucking up more to religion, just what we need, an opposition who's highest ambition is to be a shoddy copy of the religious Right government. :roll:
Why not? It worked for them after all, and it's a lot easier than coming up with an actual viable alternative narrative for the country to follow or pushing unfashionable labour ideals, getting down in the gutter and stirring up religious turmoil for short term political gain is a much better idea. :roll:
Remember when if and what you worshiped was a private matter and had nothing to do with running the country? Happy days.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Bronshtein » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:13 am

cujus o'neillio ejus religio eh?

What do you think about the Folau law?

I mean he was a bit dumb and his ideas are bollocks but shouldn't he be allowed to say 'my God won't like people being gay and deal with them when they are dead'?

It's not the same as saying 'stone the cunts to death now' because they dissed my God is it?

No sanction in this life and we can all laugh at the idea of post mortem retribution, can't we?

I don't think we should laugh at religious views that affect this life any more than I think we should laugh at laws that stop people playing rugby because they are stupid. There wouldn't be pack left playing it that were the law.
Bronshtein

Postby Etranger2 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:45 am

The problem was that a 'Social Media' clause was written into Folau's contract & he'd been warned about it quite strongly about it the year before. It shouldn't have come as a surprise to him that repeatedly infringing his contract was going to end badly. The fact that the team's major sponsor, QANTAS, is headed by a prominent gay CEO & the company has had a long standing equality programme probably didn't help his cause either.

I should add that rugby in general & Rugby Australia in particular have become quite inclusive in the past decade, with plenty of support for the LGBTI community.
Etranger2

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:54 am

Bronshtein wrote:cujus o'neillio ejus religio eh?

What do you think about the Folau law?

I mean he was a bit dumb and his ideas are bollocks but shouldn't he be allowed to say 'my God won't like people being gay and deal with them when they are dead'?

It's not the same as saying 'stone the cunts to death now' because they dissed my God is it?

No sanction in this life and we can all laugh at the idea of post mortem retribution, can't we?

I don't think we should laugh at religious views that affect this life any more than I think we should laugh at laws that stop people playing rugby because they are stupid. There wouldn't be pack left playing it that were the law.

I believe in the Frothers rule of free speech, you're free to think and say whatever you want and everyone else is free to think and say you're a cunt.

Although I'm not sure a lot of nasty shit with real world ramifications couldn't develop behind the very thin distinction between what "God" says/ will do according to some arsehole and what they and people like them say and will do.
How long after people start openly preaching god hates such and such group before people start busting out the torches and pitchforks?
The sooner someone gets up in the face of the people preaching hate and calls them a cunt the better IMHO.

Make profanity great again!

This message was brought to you by Australian Dawn for the Frothers party, Australia. Now accepting political donations.
Australian Dawn

Previous

Return to The Froth Pot