Spambot Invasion!

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Spambot Invasion!

Postby Voice From Limbo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:21 pm

Oh great -- now we're going to get a pile of tire spam! :(
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Would it be worth badgering some of the other committee members with PMs to see if they'll do something? (maybe they can contact Doc?)
Rev Nice is still Chair according to the memberlist, if this is technically true (is it Captain of Ark B.?)maybe we should try him first? He doesn't like me much though, is there anyone here who's still friendly with him, or was close to him in ye olden days?

Just to clarify (I can't remember if I've asked this before), you couldn't contact Doc about this could you Captain of Ark B.?

I miss the days when going on Frothers meant chatting and frothing over miniatures and games, not worrying about endless spam!
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Hermit » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 pm

Doc is like a comet. He passes by only once every so often. I believe we were happily still in the EU the last time he was seen.
Hermit

Postby Bronshtein » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:10 pm

I thought the Rev fucked off years ago after being stood up after Salute or something?
He appears infrequently on Rancid Penguin but is far from being a regular.
Is he in foreign parts?

Doc's doing things to the British Museum (assaulting Mummies?) and apparently doesn't know this place still exists.
The only one I've met is Jon/Dags/--- and he was getting fed up about three or four years ago.
Bronshtein

Postby Australian Dawn » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:57 am

White Knight posts here occasionally and seems like a nice bloke, maybe he has a line to Doc?
And maybe the others would answer a PM and pass on a message to Doc for old times sake? Some people must remember the site fondly, remember the salute game The Dozing Dragon posted here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56439 (maybe The Dozing Dragon could offer some insight into who ran that game and if they have any influence?)
is there a list of committee members we can see somewhere on this site?
Also what about webmaster, the site Admin, he must have a line to Doc surely?
Does anyone know what it means to be an associate member? Maybe they'd be more likely to have pull with Doc?
Anyone else have any ideas?
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:20 am

is Dags now going by the username ---? Why is that anyway? Is he too ashamed of us to even use a proper username in case he's connected to this site?
Australian Dawn

Postby Incognito » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:15 am

Couldn't say I blame him.
Incognito

Postby Captain of Ark B. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:56 am

I have Doc's details (email), if the shite really hit the fan with the site, I'd get him to sort it out...
but a bit of spam ain't that.
Webmaster is Doc, with a different Log-in...
Dags is now ---, yup i think hes ashamed of the old place...
Rev was Chair but resigned, but only Doc can change the 'Roles' so remains... nominally, as in reality he doesn't...
WK is indeed a 'nice bloke', but he now has a beautiful, charming and intelligent wife, so i can't see him wanting to spend much time with you Ark B types...

The others you are missing are
UncEvl, gone to ground in Stoke...
DedDpt, owner of one of southern England's most hospitable sofas
and
Bro M. who i really hope is OK...

Associate Member was pretty much a Honorary title, and has no mod permissions...

No, it looks like you're stuck with me... :dodgy:

So why don't we come to some sort of arrangement... a truce maybe?
I'll tidy up in the Froth pot on a regular basis, make it habitable. If folks leave it out on the tiresome anti-TMP bullying?
I'm willing to sticky the Antics thread, if someone or group of you want to bring it up-to-date, rather than useless pages of bumps...

other than that, try getting out more... there are lovely clean open fields in the CCG Forum for example, start a new thread... 0;)
Tony Reidy of Frothers, wrote:...pissant little fucktards buzzing around being annoying.
Captain of Ark B.
Committee Member

Postby Etranger2 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:10 pm

sounds fair to me
Etranger2

Postby Captain of Ark B. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:13 pm

0:) do you know that this Forum has no 'big kiss' smiliey...
Tony Reidy of Frothers, wrote:...pissant little fucktards buzzing around being annoying.
Captain of Ark B.
Committee Member

PreviousNext

Return to Frother Feedback Box