Star Shitizen

All thats frother friendly from the world of electronic gaming.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Star Shitizen

Postby General Paranoia » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:56 pm

Hermit wrote:You know, Woody, I think you may well have been right from the start. Elite dangerous does seem like the better option. All the shite that's been piled onto Star Citizen is turning it into something that'll be a hybrid space sim/FPS game, rather than just a space sim. And the more money these bellends throw at them the more mad the promisies they make.

They've just increased the alpha slots by another 50,000 to squeeze more cash out of those gullable twats and the hangar module just gets weirder and weirder. I mean, a fishtank for fucksake! That's important isn't it? :roll:

I thought it would be a good idea to buy a few more ships, but I think I'll stick with the ones I've got just in case the game does collapse under it's own shite :|

I knew it was turning to bollocks when half of the threads were more concerned with realistic flushing toilets than actual flying spaceships. Now it's getting bogged down in starter homes on planets!

Elite on the other hand has settled down into a nice serious little community that all seem to be pulling in the same direction with no continual money grabs from the devs!
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby General Paranoia » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:58 am

Doesn't that just make you think Tony and the Defiance team? :wink:
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:11 pm

It makes you worry a bit when you see stuff like that, doesn't it? :?

I don't watch the Wingman's Hangar anymore, as it's the same each week. He just arses on about his weight which never changes, has a crap interview with someone on the ever-increasing staff there, and answers the same boring questions :roll:

As for Defiance, and TtbhJ, their kickstarter for their mechs ended last month and went way past their funding goal. You've got to feel sorry for the poor bastards that backed that one :shock:
Hermit

Postby Useless_Gonzo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:42 am

Popped over to the SC site to see whats going on....

HORRIFIED!!!!!!

$275 for a single ship. For $275 I'd want every single ship outfitted with big frickkin lazers and a unique skin of my own design and a "How am I driving" sticker on the back. Seems a little expensive for a game that requires to to "insure" your $275 from griefing 12 year olds going through puberty with uncanny hand to eye co-ordination.

Are people really dropping shed loads of money ($500-$600)on this. Saw some youtube videos with people owning every single ship that caused me to wonder how they are not a victim of spousal abuse for throwing away money?????
Useless_Gonzo

Postby General Paranoia » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:40 pm

Useless_Gonzo wrote:Popped over to the SC site to see whats going on....

HORRIFIED!!!!!!

$275 for a single ship. For $275 I'd want every single ship outfitted with big frickkin lazers and a unique skin of my own design and a "How am I driving" sticker on the back. Seems a little expensive for a game that requires to to "insure" your $275 from griefing 12 year olds going through puberty with uncanny hand to eye co-ordination.

Are people really dropping shed loads of money ($500-$600)on this. Saw some youtube videos with people owning every single ship that caused me to wonder how they are not a victim of spousal abuse for throwing away money?????

Some people are literally spending thousands on it! $1000 to get an Idris Corvette! :? What is even more strange is that some of those people seem to have no idea what the gameplay is supposed to be like.
I've seen a number that have half a dozen ships (so over $1000 worth!) talking about sitting in their hanger and sending their ships out as a fleet under AI control to do missions... It's a first person flight simulator ffs not Homeworld! The game's designed around flying a single ship yourself as in Elite, they talked about AI crew to man gun turrets. The biggest ship so far, the Idris Corvette requires a large crew, you rely on AI turrets and you'll most likely lose it! Still if they do have AI to control "fleets" it'll be shit and easy prey for pirates like Hermit and me :wink: I foresee many rage-quits in the first couple of weeks as idiots lose thousands due to their own stupidity!
The whole thing is stupid really, but I think at base, it's a good game being brought down by hype and idiots jumping in on something they don't understand. All you really need to know is that the game is a one off payment of $40 and you get a ship to start you off with. Everything else is available in game in just the same way it is in other games
If you know someone that backed the kickstarter (Hermit or Me) they can "gift" you a ship with lifetime insurance so you need never worry about losing it :wink:
As you can board and steal bigger ships (and sell them!) there will be some really rich pickings to be had early in the game before the whales have been bled dry and quit. Hopefully after that it'll settle down to a nice space dogfighter.
General Paranoia

Postby Useless_Gonzo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:55 pm

Hmmmm, might pick up one of em and have you or Hermit do the "gifty" thing for me then :D
Useless_Gonzo

Postby General Paranoia » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Useless_Gonzo wrote:Hmmmm, might pick up one of em and have you or Hermit do the "gifty" thing for me then :D

Sure, Digital scout is the cheapest option I think. During the KS campaign they released a very limited batch of Scythes which now go for insane money! I got two, sold one which actually gave me enough money to have quite a large selection of spacecraft at no cost! Shows how mad the game is! :loopy:
Anyway I've got a couple of multi-seat ones, so we could band together for boarding actions.
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:30 pm

You should really sell that last one. Now's the time to do it on the run up to Christmas :D

But many on the SC forums have been dishing out insane amounts of money for this game. I think one player has over 50 Auroras, as well as many other ships. That's not including the thousands they're spending on new PC rigs, Occulus Rifts, flight sticks, and other general bullshit they don't need. They want what they call "immersion" and "realism" you see :roll:

The most I've spent on hardware for this game is a couple of quid for a PC gamepad :lol:

If you're going to get into it then all you really need is the starter ship, the Aurora. A bit of trading with that should easily get you a better ship in no time. They are about to bring out another starter ship, the Mustang, which will be more of a combat vessel, but we'll have to see what that one's like.

I'm only starting with two ships. The Aurora for my main character and the 300i for another one. I did melt that one down, but decided to reinstate it for my pirate character and leave it as it is.

Like Woody says, though, we're going to have some fun pissing off a few of the the other players. :wink:
Hermit

Postby Hermit » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:35 pm

A couple of things I'm not going to get invlolved in though, is using a microphone (because I don't even like using a mobile phone around others, so I'm not going to start screaming at a PC game), and that facial capture nonsense they're bringing in for it :roll:

People are just going to use that to guern at others and show off they're wank-faces. You just fucking know it :lol:
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Hermit wrote:A couple of things I'm not going to get invlolved in though, is using a microphone (because I don't even like using a mobile phone around others, so I'm not going to start screaming at a PC game), and that facial capture nonsense they're bringing in for it :roll:

People are just going to use that to guern at others and show off they're wank-faces. You just fucking know it :lol:

Never been a fan of built-in VoIP because it'll be as full of crap as the general chat channels in most games, although some form of private teamspeak is a must for squads/squadrons. There's no way you can work together by typing in battle!
General Paranoia

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Frother