Star Shitizen

All thats frother friendly from the world of electronic gaming.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Star Shitizen

Postby Hermit » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:39 pm

How can they piss me off more on the Star Citizen site? :evil:

Well, they've re-done their site which they've been working on for ages and after all that time working on it, it looks dis-jointed and half-arsed. I've also had to "migrate" my account to one which has three different names: A moniker, A handle, and a community name. But they all have to be different. What a pointless load of wank! :evil:

It's as slow as fuck right now, and it took me a fucking hour to sort out my account :evil: This wasn't helped by them also having this 24 hour livestream on there to say how wonderful they are and to fleece even more money out of all the gullable cunts that believe it :evil:

Chris Roberts wants his $20 million, see, so that he can have full control over the game and waste even more money on shit that he doesn't need for it. And he'll probably get it, because they're all mindlessly throwing it at him for something which may, or may not, be any good. He's fucking laughing! Promising miracles to customers and gaining full control over a company with no loans or investors to pay off - It's fucking brilliant! :roll:

They're not getting another penny out of me. I've already got two accounts on there because of all that half-arsed shite over extra characters that they came out with so that they could force poor bastards like me into buying extra accounts. Cunts aren't getting another penny out of me :evil:

Ah, that was a fairly good rant. I feel much better now :)
Hermit

Re: Star Shitizen

Postby General Paranoia » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:38 pm

It's the American way!

You should have gone with Elite... that's got more in common with the British Space Programme.
Just picture it, a couple of tweedy boffins tapping an old zx81 with their pipes... forums full of people sipping tea and eating crumpets discussing Douglas Adams...
I just hope they manage to make ships wobble a bit in space like Blake 7.
The whole thing is so nostalgic I feel proud to be a part of it. Even if it does turn out to be crap, it'll be British crap and all the better for it, and we'll all muddle through somehow just like we always do.
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:Doesn't matter to me if you think I am Monty Schwab. In fact, I would be proud to be Monty Schwab. He's making a difference in the world. More of us should be like him!
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:14 am

If they can get the feel of the original Elite, then it'll be class and I'll sign up for it :) Like I said before, I'll probably end up playing it more than SC as it was the first space sim I ever played.

The Star Citizen site seem to be working a bit better right now, so you might want to think about migrating your account on there. It'll still be a pain in the arse for you to do, but it has to be done, apparantly :roll: I'm now waiting until Monday before going back on there again, when all their shite is over and done with.

Right now, they're saying that once they reach $13 million, they'll introduce an RTS element to it, where players can command small fleet battles from capital ships. I thought they did that to attract the Eve players and the like, so I added this to my SC profile:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Hermit01

They can't complain about that. At least I'm trying to attract new players, even if they are the nasty cunts that play Eve Online. So share and enjoy! :lol:
Hermit

Postby AndrewGPaul » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:40 am

Hermit wrote:How can they piss me off more on the Star Citizen site? :evil:

Well, they've re-done their site which they've been working on for ages and after all that time working on it, it looks dis-jointed and half-arsed. I've also had to "migrate" my account to one which has three different names: A moniker, A handle, and a community name. But they all have to be different. What a pointless load of wank! :evil:

"Hermit's moniker", "Hermit's handle" and "Hermit's community name". Easy. :)
AndrewGPaul

Postby Hermit » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:55 pm

It should've been the same one for all :(
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Hermit wrote:It should've been the same one for all :(

We all know your password is Hermit too
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:Doesn't matter to me if you think I am Monty Schwab. In fact, I would be proud to be Monty Schwab. He's making a difference in the world. More of us should be like him!
General Paranoia

Postby AndrewGPaul » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:48 am

Hermit wrote:It should've been the same one for all :(

There should have been only one username at all, is what I think you should mean. ;) Why do they think you need three nicknames?
AndrewGPaul

Postby Hermit » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:57 pm

I know the company's based in Austin, Texas but fucking hell! :shock:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... n-squadron

:( :( :(

I can just see it now. Anything decent they put into the game will get challenged as being "unchristian" by these redneck bible-bashing bellends and the game will end up being called "Star Citizens Of God" and taken offline on Sundays :(

I really do hope Elite Dangerous does get made now.
Hermit

Postby General Paranoia » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Hermit wrote:I know the company's based in Austin, Texas but fucking hell! :shock:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... n-squadron

:( :( :(

I can just see it now. Anything decent they put into the game will get challenged as being "unchristian" by these redneck bible-bashing bellends and the game will end up being called "Star Citizens Of God" and taken offline on Sundays :(

I really do hope Elite Dangerous does get made now.

This has inspired me to create a character purely to combat this unfortunate turn of events. Captain Spaulding will be recruiting a "family" to hunt them down and drag them off to be made into exhibits in my traveling freakshow :twisted:
I can see this game slipping away from what I had originally hoped it would be (a vast sandbox space sim) however in some ways that's not a bad thing. If it just ends up as a sort of extended X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, I can handle that, especially if it devolves into a bunch of a bunch of international freaks and weirdos fighting off the Imperial might of the Right-Wing Homophobes of Christ.
Did you pledge in the end Hermit, and if so, what's your game plan?

Back in sensible land, the vast sandbox space sim of choice... Elite, I've found the best way to keep up with Elite is to listen to the Lave Radio podcast http://laveradio.com/ It's the polar opposite of the SC hype ;-)
General Paranoia

Postby Hermit » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:27 pm

I'll get my Elite pledge in when I get some spare cash. Haven't been able to recently because my dentist has just mugged me out of all my money. Twat always finds something to charge me for. Bit of a bastard as well because the recent screenshots of the new sidewinder look cool :(

Can't tell you what my gameplan is for SC, just in case there are any others on the SC forums that might happen to read this. The main account for it (the Hermit one) will be based in safe space, so those cunts on the SC forum can attack me all they like there. As for other plans, well, they're work in progress as new stuff gets announced, but you can PM me if you want to know about those :wink:
Hermit

Next

Return to Virtual Frother