That new Cs5 sculpting putty.

Tips and WIPs for those brave souls pushing green stuff around in their homes.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Postby Lovejoy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:57 am

spectacle wrote:I wonder if this stuff could be used for casting? It looks like it gets pretty liquid.

I'm assuming you mean using it as the casting medium, then yes. I've seen a couple of sculpts roughed out in polymer clay, moulded in RTV, then liquid Cx5 poured in. Once cooled, the Cx5 cast is refined/detailed etc t produce the finished master.

Then back into the RTV....

Expensive way to work though!
Lovejoy

Postby freakinacage » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:23 pm

I guess the RT part of the RTV is important with cx5 then
freakinacage

Postby The Masked Frother » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Well, what was the temperature gauge measuring in that clip? It went by so quickly...was it the mold temperature?
The Masked Frother

Postby TMeier » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:08 pm

It looks like an improved version of the wax Hasbro uses, or used to use. Their formula would do everything shown pretty well except tie a thin strand in a knot. Hasbro?s is a mix of several waxes some of which are quite exotic. The Hasbro stuff was not very useful for figurines under 54mm which is why they gave me work.

If you want to get an idea what it?s like to work with material like this buy some Castilene. http://www.castilene.com/
Sometimes I wonder why I don't wonder why I bother.
TMeier

Postby freakinacage » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:59 pm

freakinacage

Postby Artemis Black » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:58 am

That's the video that started this thread ya pleb :)
Temporarily Located at Hasslefree!

Artemis Black

Postby Joek » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:21 am

Have to say, he's got no fucking idea of how he should be marketing it - i signed up for the newsletter and basically get bombarded by useless crap telling me 'it's almost here' (no), and 'do the survey to tell us what we should do'.

Quite honestly, the bugger has taken lots of folks' money ages ago (an awful lot) and there's absolutely fuck all to show for it.

Really, he should now shut the fuck up and only announce something when it's ready - the way he's doing it pisses off more people.
Joek

Postby Lovejoy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:42 am

Joek wrote:Have to say, he's got no fucking idea of how he should be marketing it - i signed up for the newsletter and basically get bombarded by useless crap telling me 'it's almost here' (no), and 'do the survey to tell us what we should do'.

Quite honestly, the bugger has taken lots of folks' money ages ago (an awful lot) and there's absolutely fuck all to show for it.

Really, he should now shut the fuck up and only announce something when it's ready - the way he's doing it pisses off more people.

I thought I was back in the Defiance Games thread there for a minute... :lol:
Lovejoy

Postby Woody » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:25 am

I'm curious about it as a new medium, but I can't really see it'll be much use to me for work.
Woody

Postby Tre still can't log in » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:47 pm

I'm curious about it as a new medium, but I can't really see it'll be much use to me for work.

Really? That shit looks like sex magic to me. I can't wait to get my hands on it and be utterly let down by the limitations of my abilities with it!
Tre still can't log in

PreviousNext

Return to Sculpting Workshop