World of Twilight - assorted new stuff

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

What do you think? Any good?

Yup
87%
Meh
4%
Nope
9%
Colonel Marbles is a tosser
No votes

Total votes : 45

World of Twilight - assorted new stuff

Postby Carcharoth » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi all,

I think I've been a bit rubbish sharing new stuff here over the last couple of months, so sorry about that... I just got a bunch of masters back from Griffin and thought you might like to have a look.
The photos are just quick shots of the masters - I'll do better photos when they go on full release. For the moment I've given Pyre Studios a small number of sets of masters to sell in the run-up to Christmas, but they'll all get a full release of some sort in the new year.

The first guys are the Dhogu, a race of nomadic mountainous fubarnii who are often seen alongside the Delgon. They have been sculpted with lots of parts specifically to annoy some members of the forum (separate arms and heads), but I've gone for large joint areas and I think this gives lots of potential variation. The head and the left arm are also designed to fit the Yirnak cavalry.
The recent masters I received were some alternative heads and a converted body so you can do a distinctive captain (centre). I also did bow arms and open hands to give another weapon option.

I've also done a couple of new priests for the Delgon. The little hunched over guy on the left is 'NuraSen Gohral', who is a General for the Delgon invasion. The priest with a knife is a 'NuraKira', one of the poor young saps who have the honour of leading the frontline troops. This one has at least had the sense to grab a small knife, but he's still somewhat squishy. I've just noticed that I took the photo at a rubbish angle so you can't really see the knife... sorry!

I've finally done a couple of new models for the Devanu - a big mean grishak and a young Devanu beast-handler. The beast handler is dressed in Grishak hides. The grishak is a lot bigger and spikier than the previous ones and sits on a medium base. I'm working out rules for the Grishak, and will probably include them in the next issue of the Twilight Traveller.

Finally we have the latest sculpts from Mark Craggs (Klute). The first is a civilian. As with the dhogu he's got a separate head and arms and Mark plans to do a bunch of different options so we can have fun with a few different civilian character options. These will eventually come as a set, but for the moment I'm packaging him up with a sprue of instruments and a plate of bugs (mmm, tasty).

Hope you like them as I'm kinda pleased with how this batch turned out. :)
Carcharoth

Postby the_BADSMILE » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:36 pm

I like em all, but the furry riding animal is just wow, love it ! :froth: :froth: :froth:
the_BADSMILE

Postby Pablo Spandangle » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:46 pm

the_BADSMILE wrote:I like em all, but the furry riding animal is just wow, love it ! :froth: :froth: :froth:

Yup! Such a consistently good range too.
Pablo Spandangle

Postby --- » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Another 'yup' 8)
---
Committee Member

Postby Vermis » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Yup. :D
Vermis

Postby maxxev » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:05 pm

All good stuff as usual but the Dhogu are excellent and besides the unlikeness of me ever playing the actual game... I wants me some of them.... quite a few of them actually...
maxxev

Postby Inso » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Loved the Dhogu so much I've just been over to Pyre and ordered a patrol :).

Dhogu :froth: :froth: :froth:
The rest :froth:
Have a look at my blog, it's really full of things: http://insosworld.blogspot.com/

Or, you could always learn about the world of Reptiliad: http://reptiliad.blogspot.co.uk/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/
Inso

Postby Squeaky » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Great stuff 8)

Love the Dhogu, especially the cavalry

C'mon Paul v2 tell me why these babies won't form up as part of a Zoat army :mrgreen:
Squeaky

Postby Paul v2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:38 pm

Squeaky wrote:Great stuff 8)

Love the Dhogu, especially the cavalry

C'mon Paul v2 tell me why these babies won't form up as part of a Zoat army :mrgreen:

:lol:
They probably will, I thought you wanted base fillers.
Paul v2

Postby Ace From Outer Space » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:03 pm

Another Yup! from me. These look good!
Ace From Outer Space

Next

Return to Scouting reports