[AOW] Ratling warlord

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Likey, no likey

likey
26%
no likey
52%
the colonel is a tosser
22%

Total votes : 23

Postby theomar pius » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:02 am

the_BADSMILE wrote:Don't be so hard, I think the suclpt ain't bad at all. I agree that the GW quieck or whatever its called is better though, more dynamic, more "original".

What bothers me is to have seen my 50000000 th ratling/skaven and none of them had the typical ballsack a proper male rat has to have.... they're all eunuchs.

I can't believe you've taken the time to flip over 50000000 rat minis! :P
theomar pius

Postby joshuaslater » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:17 am

I'll have to get out the greenstuff and sculpt some correct Skaven/ratmen!!

A lot, of, greenstuff!
Cauldron Born Miniatures

http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com
joshuaslater

Postby manatic » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:25 am

How do they get away with all this not-even-derivative stuff?

Not to kick off yet another endless, pointless IP discussion nor being snide, just honestly wondering. Does anyone have any actual info on the subject matter?
"Ten Tigers and a Coke for the boy!"

Blog @ dawnofthelead.com
manatic

Postby Jeremy Wright » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:33 am

I think it is just proof that, aside from some names, GW doesn't really have a lot of intellectual property.

It's the downside to making a game from common, recognizable concepts like Dwarfs and Elves. You have something everyone can relate to, but you don't own much of it. On the other hand you can do something completely original and claim ownership of it, but risk not drawing enough interest because it is too different.
Jeremy Wright

Postby wulfen777 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:51 am

Jeremy Wright wrote:I think it is just proof that, aside from some names, GW doesn't really have a lot of intellectual property.

It's the downside to making a game from common, recognizable concepts like Dwarfs and Elves. You have something everyone can relate to, but you don't own much of it. On the other hand you can do something completely original and claim ownership of it, but risk not drawing enough interest because it is too different.

True enough.

Really a sad joke if a company lets loose their laywer dogs to punish, burn and crucify someone for stealing "their IP", when so much they did release is not really of their origin.
I think they only get away with that because those on the receiving end of their lawyer-whip know that they would win a trial in the end, but fear the costs and the time involved, so they don't stand up for what is their right.

But alas...

OT: I don't think this one is bad at all, but I also think it does not outstrip the actual GW Skaven characters.

Ah, and yes: Badsmile is correct: There should be more realism even on fantasy miniatures. I vote for pricks and balls! :mrgreen:
We spend money we don't have for things we don't need to impress folks we don't even like...

My blog:
http://runecast-sculpts.blogspot.com/
wulfen777

Postby Bergil » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:56 am

manatic wrote:How do they get away with all this not-even-derivative stuff?

Not to kick off yet another endless, pointless IP discussion nor being snide, just honestly wondering. Does anyone have any actual info on the subject matter?

A rat man is a rat man you silly arse.
Bergil

Postby the_BADSMILE » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:08 am

theomar pius wrote:I can't believe you've taken the time to flip over 50000000 rat minis! :P

Everybody needs a hobby :oops:
the_BADSMILE

Previous

Return to Scouting reports