[AOW] Ratling warlord

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Likey, no likey

likey
26%
no likey
52%
the colonel is a tosser
22%

Total votes : 23

Postby Morf » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Andrew Rae wrote:Yup, gotta say GW are doing a better job on this subject. Which kinda defeats the purpose of the AoW figure, doesn't it?

This is so funny. When AoW started, every mini they offered was objectively better than their GW "inspiration". Today, the tables have turned. Pretty much every skaven hero is better. Starting with Queek, the Master Assassin, Direct only and Gamesday and even IoB.

So either AoW decides to step up the game (though not sure how you can beat ones like Queek) or just offers unique designs (variation on the theme). Otherwise, color me unimpressed.
Morf

Postby Vermis » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Bergil wrote:now you're the one running off with the hyperbole?

It's a joke. ;)
Vermis

Postby Bergil » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Andrew Rae wrote:
Bergil wrote:it's not completely shit?

Well the helmet on this one takes into account it has a neck, this one isn't leaping in mid air with a hunting lodges worth of wood on it's back and the fulyl rotted game to go with it and really, it looks about a thousand times better.

I think we must be looking at a different figure here. Seb Perbet's (?) Skaven have style and consistency beyond this. They're very silly, but they're meant to be.

Consistent? Yes. But then he has produced a range. (I'm assuming) Then again the feet on queek are alot different to those on the regular looking skaven.

Can't believe I even took the time to check between the two...

Anyway

This AoW rat thing doesn't have anything to be consistent with, as far as I know.
Bergil

Postby Bergil » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Vermis wrote:
Bergil wrote:now you're the one running off with the hyperbole?

It's a joke. ;)

I know

:P
Bergil

Postby Pablo Spandangle » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Bergil wrote:This AoW rat thing doesn't have anything to be consistent with, as far as I know.

I meant consistent in terms of quality of sculpting on this figure alone. So bits look good, some look poor. And it has none of the style of the GW figures.
Pablo Spandangle

Postby freakinacage » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:41 pm

felix cannot sculpt arms
freakinacage

Postby NAVARRO » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Well AOW is growing year after year right? So I think he wants to surf that wave as much as he possibly can, I dont mind as long as he does some gobbos :lol:

But yes I would prefer if they sculpted other stuff like the monster they did, but I guess its not going to happen as long as they keep on growing.
NAVARRO

Postby gloria_invictus » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:17 pm

freakinacage wrote:felix has never seen arms

fixed
It doesn't matter anyway, just buy some figures from the mightiest sculptor in the world! All Hail the creator! Brought forth from the loins of a 3 legged yorkshire terrier! Look upon his majesty!
gloria_invictus

Postby Wargames Factory Funboy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:52 pm

freakinacage wrote:felix cannot sculpt

I agree...
Wargames Factory Funboy

Postby the_BADSMILE » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:00 am

Don't be so hard, I think the suclpt ain't bad at all. I agree that the GW quieck or whatever its called is better though, more dynamic, more "original".

What bothers me is to have seen my 50000000 th ratling/skaven and none of them had the typical ballsack a proper male rat has to have.... they're all eunuchs.

the_BADSMILE

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting reports