May Kicks Another Brit While They Are Down

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: May Kicks Another Brit While They Are Down

Postby Bronshtein » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:26 am

Andrew Mitchell MP (Con) makes a very clear case for Begum and others to be repatriated.
Yes there is a security aspect, but we are abrogating our international legal responsibilities by leaving them in the places they are currently incarcerated and where they are open to further radicalisation and abuse.

Many of them were lured or trafficked into Isis controlled territory as children and we should be treating them accordingly as requird by our own modern slavery legislation and our international obligations.

If they have committed offences they should be charged and tried.

Even the US are pissed off with us about our pusillanimous approach to this.
Bronshtein

Postby Picador » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:18 pm

The US don't have any fucking moral high ground, what with extraordinary rendition and Guantanamo, so that argument isn't going to sway anybody.

Try again.
Carry on Tango, you're doing a fine job of fucking up TNP. Bravo!
Picador

Postby Ssanemax » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:07 pm

Yes there is a security aspect, but we are abrogating our international legal responsibilities by leaving them in the places they are currently incarcerated and where they are open to further radicalisation and abuse.

Yup. But I think the assumption is that they will quite likely also be subject to dying, or spending their lives in prison. They can get as radicalised as they like in Syrian Prison, and how much more radicalised are they going to get?

Many of them were lured or trafficked into Isis controlled territory as children and we should be treating them accordingly as required by our own modern slavery legislation and our international obligations
. and many of them were not.

If they have committed offences they should be charged and tried
I am sure they will be in a half-assed way at no cost to ourselves.

[/quote] Fuck no? The Americans don't like it? what a tragedy.
Ssanemax

Postby Ssanemax » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:38 pm

Sorry to possibly come across all 'Mail-Reader' on this, but use some common sense Brony.

Most of these people were grown ups. The ones that were not had the balls to get to Syria, something I would find a job.I think we can safely regard most of them as grown ups.

They decided to effectively abandon their allegiance to the UK and join a foreign army. I KNOW that the tories did this as a sop to their valuable 'Brown-People hating' voter pool, and it's a bit mean - but in the end, when you do something as thick as signing up for a Foreign Government's armed forces, you can't then count on getting taken home when it all goes wrong.
Ssanemax

Postby Picador » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:56 pm

Bronny only cares about the purity of law, sorry LAW, Pat.

There's no reaching him, he thinks kicking the Islamist cow out and keeping her out is an affront to natural justice.

I'd say stripping of British citizenship is a perfect example of natural justice, but there he and I differ :)
Picador

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:57 pm

Bronshtein wrote:Andrew Mitchell MP (Con) makes a very clear case for Begum and others to be repatriated.

Many of them were lured or trafficked into Isis controlled territory as children and we should be treating them accordingly as requird by our own modern slavery legislation and our international obligations.

If they have committed offences they should be charged and tried.

Oh well.
Shit happens, eh?

Postby Bronshtein » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:08 pm

Its very similar to the approach Johnson has to all the corruption allegations at present:
'Nothing to see here. The Great British Public don't care.'

Well that's what the law is for rather than mob opinion - but...

Shrugging shoulders and letting corruption infest the body politic and/or ignoring international law gets you to on place - perdition.

It's not about the moral purity of the law alone - it's about treating people as you'd want or expect to be treated.

If it's just about what you can get away with or want to happen then the social contract is out of the window and I'll go and shoot and cheat and hack my way to a better standard of living thanks.

Oh - and as for the Yanks not having any moral high ground - that was the fucking point - they haven't and yet we still look shit against them. :roll:
Bronshtein

Postby Picador » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:21 pm

If I'd gone and joined a terrorist group in the Middle East whose avowed aims were Jihad, death to the Infidel and the establishment of a Muslim Caliphate acheived in various atrocious ways, I'd expect to be treated as a traitor to my home country, which is what she is. In wartime that would have got you jerking at the end of a fucking rope.

Can you see that, you blindfolded liberal? Have your roll eyes back :roll: twat.

If you're really bothered about the road to perdition, do something useful - shoot BoJo, blow up the Commons. Because one treasonous woman is small fry to the shit they're getting away with.
Picador

Postby Ssanemax » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:21 pm

Bronshtein wrote:Its very similar to the approach Johnson has to all the corruption allegations at present: Nothing to see here. The Great British Public don't care.'[/code]

Except it's not really like that at all is it?

Oh - and as for the Yanks not having any moral high ground - that was the fucking point - they haven't and yet we still look shit against them. :roll:

you claim was that the yanks were pissed off by it. Who cares? and who says we claimed to have the higher ground? You just keep on setting up Logical fallacies.

what we have done is fairly sensible, only someone who thought Jack Letts' parents were the 'brutal victims of Fascist British Law' can keep talking this level of utter bollox Brony.
Ssanemax

Postby Hew Johns » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:18 pm

Could we verify your source, Brony? AFAICS the US is pretty uninterested.
C.P.C.B.
Hew Johns

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot