The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Picador » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:34 am

Macunaima wrote:
Picador wrote:I think the US has more capable naval assets now than the RN had in 1982. The US had more capable naval assets in 1982 than the RN.

Britain hasn't had any proper fleet carriers since the 70s. A handful of helicopter carriers and short deck carriers deploying Harriers wasn't a credible alternative.

Oh, no doubt. Today’s U.S. Navy could definitely beat the shit out of 1982 Argentina. No question.

For an academic your reading comprehension skills are somewhat lacking. Read the second sentence, first para again. Slowly.
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Macunaima » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:12 am

You really don’t get it, do you?

No shit, the U.S. had more capable assets now and in 1982. But the U.S. won’t be fighting Argentina in 1982, now will it?

How do you reckon China’s military power today compares to Argentina’s in 1982? Reckon China’s just a bit more capable?
Macunaima

Postby Bronshtein » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:50 am

Numbers yes, technology, a bit, tactically and operationally? Who knows.

If you were betting man, go for it now, it's not going to get easier.

Actually, if you were a betting man, go for it 30 years ago, before you let them buy/beg/borrow/steal the IP they have since then.

Of course we all hope that truth justice and the American way will prevail and they will overturn the CPC any day now :roll: but failing that you could bung the Mongols, Uighurs, Tibetans, Cantonese et al great wads of cash to undermine them like you did in Afghanistan - that worked out well didn't it?

Of course Ronnie (partly) outspent the Rooskies and brought them down, but I don't think that's going to work with the Chinese; having spent the last 30 odd years building them up to be the industrial superpower in the world.

Learn to speak Mandarin or be prepared for some hard choices.
Bronshtein

Postby Macunaima » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:57 am

If I were thirty years younger, I’d definitely be learning Mandarin. For sure. In fact, I keep trying to interest my niece in taking courses.
Macunaima

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:03 am

At least Smokey's smart enough not to do this: Florida man mauled by leopard after paying for ‘full-contact experience’ with big cat...

Maybe a cougar and copious amounts of alcohol... 0;)

Dwight Turner, 50, had to undergo several surgeries from the Aug. 31 attack in an enclosure behind the home of Michael Poggi in the town of Davie, WPLG reported, citing a report from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

Turner had paid $150 to “play with” the black leopard and “rub its belly” behind Poggi’s home, according to an FWC report.

The animal charged Turner once he walked into the enclosure. One of Turner’s ears was ripped apart and his scalp was “hanging from his head” following the attack, the report said.

A photo of Turner obtained by WPLG shows the back of his heavily bandaged head.

Poggi, who is licensed to have the leopard, was charged with allowing full contact with an extremely dangerous animal.

He allegedly admitted his wrongdoing to police, the report said.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:35 am

Macunaima wrote:
Voice From Limbo wrote:"Things get out of wank once in a while".

Fixed that for you, Bill.

Yoga pants thread is gone. A screenshot would have been nice. 0;)

It’s on The Miniatures Gadfly on Facebook.

Genuine question - am I missing something about the 'Yoga pants' thread?
I just looked at the screenshot on Miniatures Gadfly and apart from Mac's header referring yoga pants, I couldn't see anything on the actual screenshot itself.
I want to have a giggle at Bill's expense, so what am I missing?
Why was it removed?
Excuse my stupidity.

Postby Macunaima » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:28 am

I have no idea why it was removed from TNP.
Macunaima

Postby Khusrau » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:51 am

Bronshtein wrote:Numbers yes, technology, a bit, tactically and operationally? Who knows.

Yeah, that's the interesting part. Typically, dominant armed forces don't see a need to change, and keep fighting the last war. The US Navy basically hasn't had any combat experience at strategic and operational level for 75 years.

I'm sure they would have wargamed various scenarios vs PRC assets, but presumably the Chinese have also been working out a strategy. Rumours of hyper-kinetic missiles etc. And I certainly wouldn't want to be the task force commander ordered to conduct offensive carrier operations in range of land-based strike unless I was certain of complete dominance.

The standing criticism of the F35 and F22 has always been the limited offensive load-out and dependence on other air assets. Shoot down or negate the controller aircraft, overwhelm the technically superior US aircraft with massed missile attacks, and interdict resupply. If you're prepared to lose 6 of your own aircraft to take out one F35, that might be a good trade-off, especially if you can recover pilots in your own operational space.

It wouldn't take too many aircraft/pilot losses to start seriously degrading a US Navy task force offensive/defensive capability.
Khusrau

Postby Bill » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:24 am

Khusrau wrote:
Bronshtein wrote:Numbers yes, technology, a bit, tactically and operationally? Who knows.

Yeah, that's the interesting part. Typically, dominant armed forces don't see a need to change, and keep fighting the last war. The US Navy basically hasn't had any combat experience at strategic and operational level for 75 years.

I'm sure they would have wargamed various scenarios vs PRC assets, but presumably the Chinese have also been working out a strategy. Rumours of hyper-kinetic missiles etc. And I certainly wouldn't want to be the task force commander ordered to conduct offensive carrier operations in range of land-based strike unless I was certain of complete dominance.

The standing criticism of the F35 and F22 has always been the limited offensive load-out and dependence on other air assets. Shoot down or negate the controller aircraft, overwhelm the technically superior US aircraft with massed missile attacks, and interdict resupply. If you're prepared to lose 6 of your own aircraft to take out one F35, that might be a good trade-off, especially if you can recover pilots in your own operational space.

It wouldn't take too many aircraft/pilot losses to start seriously degrading a US Navy task force offensive/defensive capability.

Congratulations!
You've earned the right to return to TMP and join in the discussion on how to kill them foreigners!
That was a post worthy of the TMP faithful.

Oh, don't tell me - I suppose your analysis of how to give those damned chinks and good kicking is COMPLETELY different to the views expressed on TMP.
Yes, you keep telling yourself that.
Bill

Postby Bronshtein » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:35 pm

Thanks Colin.

Disinterested analysis of 'what if' military situations doesn't imply support for either side and if you bothered to read his post, Khusrau seems more inclined to the view that it will be the US getting the 'kicking'.

As for me, well I'll stop supporting military and economic and financial pressure against the People's Republic when the CPC stop murdering their population for thought crime and deviant ethnicity, invading independent states and trying to take over the world.
Or is wanting to let people make their own choices and mistakes a hate crime now?
Bronshtein

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot