State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Macunaima » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:53 am

It almost went last time, didn’t it? Killing your electors is turning out to be not such a good strategy for Trump.
Macunaima

Postby kyotebue2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:34 am

Because Trump refused to wear a mask (until today) his cult members have done the same and are now paying for it. Evolution in action.
kyotebue2

Postby Etranger2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:02 am

Macunaima wrote:It almost went last time, didn’t it? Killing your electors is turning out to be not such a good strategy for Trump.

“Just before the patient died, they looked at their nurse and said ‘I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not,’” https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/13/30-year-old-dies-covid-party-texas
Etranger2

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:48 am

Etranger2 wrote:
“Just before the patient died, they looked at their nurse and said ‘I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not,’” https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/13/30-year-old-dies-covid-party-texas

It's a great story. I bet you could have heard a pin drop when she told it.

Just because one of these anecdotes feels right doesn't make it true, especially I am afraid when you hear it in America. It's a sad state of affairs when you have to treat 'News from America' in the same way you treat 'Kim is definitely dead this time' from Japan or South Korea.
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Macunaima » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:37 pm

Yeah, but it’s mythologically powerful. And the fact that it is People that is repeating it means it’s part of the national memory now.
Macunaima

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Macunaima wrote:Yeah, but it’s mythologically powerful. And the fact that it is People that is repeating it means it’s part of the national memory now.

then again, just because something is an Urban Legend doesn't mean it didn't happen of course.
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby General Paranoia » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:34 pm

Missy should go to all those parties to prove it's a hoax
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby Voice From Limbo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:14 pm

No need -- he's a one-man Hoax Party.
Voice From Limbo

Postby MAGA KAGA » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:12 pm

[code][/code]
Etranger2 wrote:
Macunaima wrote:It almost went last time, didn’t it? Killing your electors is turning out to be not such a good strategy for Trump.

The thing about anecdotes that reinforce your opinion is that even if they’re not true, they should be.
MAGA KAGA

Postby Cultist » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:33 pm

kyotebue2 wrote:Because Trump refused to wear a mask (until today) his cult members have done the same and are now paying for it. Evolution in action.

Thank God he’s now given us permission to wear a mask! I was afraid I would be arrested for disloyalty if I went out and wore won.

I miss Rebelyell, and how he would shit himself every time someone spelled “God” with an uppercase G.
Links to Dawkins, Penn, and that African American know it all Science Guy whose name escapes me now.
Cultist

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot