Spambot Invasion!

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Spambot Invasion!

Postby Australian Dawn » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:03 pm

Captain of Ark B. wrote:I have Doc's details (email), if the shite really hit the fan with the site, I'd get him to sort it out...
but a bit of spam ain't that.
Webmaster is Doc, with a different Log-in...
Dags is now ---, yup i think hes ashamed of the old place...
Rev was Chair but resigned, but only Doc can change the 'Roles' so remains... nominally, as in reality he doesn't...
WK is indeed a 'nice bloke', but he now has a beautiful, charming and intelligent wife, so i can't see him wanting to spend much time with you Ark B types...

The others you are missing are
UncEvl, gone to ground in Stoke...
DedDpt, owner of one of southern England's most hospitable sofas
and
Bro M. who i really hope is OK...

Associate Member was pretty much a Honorary title, and has no mod permissions...

No, it looks like you're stuck with me... :dodgy:

So why don't we come to some sort of arrangement... a truce maybe?
I'll tidy up in the Froth pot on a regular basis, make it habitable. If folks leave it out on the tiresome anti-TMP bullying?
I'm willing to sticky the Antics thread, if someone or group of you want to bring it up-to-date, rather than useless pages of bumps...

other than that, try getting out more... there are lovely clean open fields in the CCG Forum for example, start a new thread... 0;)

If it was up to me I'd say yes, but you'd better go make your offer on the Sad Cunts thread Captain, see if you get any bites.

I'd say discussing the goings on on TMP make up most of the traffic here these days so... What exactly do you see as bullying that we'd have to stop? If not the Antics thread, what? Surely not all discussion of TMP and what's going on there? Calling randoms Bill? What is it that you find so objectionable?

Personally I find most of the TMP discussions boring but then other people probably find most of the things I'm interested in boring too. I just figure having people post a lot of stuff I disagree with or am not interested in goes with letting anyone who wants to discuss what they want uncensored.

I hope we can get people on board with this and you can get the site in some sort of order Captain.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:09 pm

Voice From Limbo wrote:I've started a few Culcha threads over the last couple of years. . .

Yeah, it'd be nice if the Frother Fun & Cultural Awareness was a bit more active.
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:12 pm

Would it help if I stopped posting about Kdramas? :D
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:15 pm

Hey, if that's what you like post it I say! I've posted about pretty obscure and niche stuff too.
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Speaking of which, I enjoy White Knight's He-Man stuff too.

I do hope he's OK.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:00 pm

Never happen.
There are some on that thread who are just too pompous and self-important to give it a rest.
Be good if they did, because I'd start posting again.
But it won't happen.

Postby Bronshtein » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:55 pm

I dunno, it might.

A lot of stuff on that thread is either bugger all or only peripherally to do with TMP.
People post on it because it is most active (and has the best chance of getting a response because the spam buries any new threads)

Stickying the 'Antics' thread would make sense for the only really 'valid' bit and the rest should probably take a back seat or be consigned to oblivion anyway.

Given the anarchic nature of the thing, I'm not sure anyone could actually 'agree' on anything, but I for one would certainly be happy to shut the fuck up about TMP and post actual wargaming, cultural and other peripheral stuff (I try to anyway - obviously not very noticably!) if that would count as part of a 'truce'.
Bronshtein

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:25 pm

Good stuff.
Let's see what happens then. It'd be good to take a step forward rather than backward.
You may want to have a word with Mac, and one or two others though, because I think they will struggle.

Postby Picador » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm

You want wargaming, fuck off to TWW. We do a lot of it there, and Mike will be glad of the extra members.

This place now exists only as a nexus to point and laugh at the RWNJs on TNP. Anyone who thinks Frothers will ever return to what passed for normal is fucking deluded.
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:14 pm

There you go.

PreviousNext

Return to Frother Feedback Box