State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Jakar Nilson » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:49 pm

Madness wrote:https://twitter.com/bfriedmandc/status/1202961963137093632

Cops firing wildly in rush hour traffic, killing the hostage, using civilian cars as human shields.

Literal insanity.

Miramar, Florida. Since it wasn't obvious from the footage or the tweet text, or the very generic station name.
"There are those that claim that war is all glory, but I can tell you it is all hell." -William Tecumseh Sherman

http://dp9forum.com/aurora/ Read Alfie's Tenners, every second month in Aurora magazine!
Jakar Nilson
Associate Member

Postby Trigger happy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:11 pm

Jakar Nilson wrote:

Cops firing wildly in rush hour traffic, killing the hostage, using civilian cars as human shields.

Literal insanity.

Miramar, Florida. Since it wasn't obvious from the footage or the tweet text, or the very generic station name.

Thanks.
CBS picked it up now too
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ups-truck- ... rker-says/

4 people dead, one being the hostage and one being a bystander hit by stray fire and at least 19 cops firing at the vehicle, in the middle of massive traffic.
It looks like the cargo space takes a few hits too. Im not sure whether that's just someone shooting it because fuck UPS packages or because they can't aim for shit.
Trigger happy

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:09 pm

It does seem a bit bewildering that so many police with guns turn up and their first reaction to someone who'd just stole a van was surround it and shoot the living fuck out of it.
I think most other police forces would have opened the door and just arrested him.
Don't tell me though, America, that would have been too dangerous, wouldn't it? He could have been armed, after all. But there's nothing wrong with gun ownership though, eh?

Postby Macunaima nli mm » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:22 pm

Jakar Nilson wrote:

Literal insanity.

Nice to see the U.S. adopting Brazilian best practices again.
Macunaima nli mm

Postby Ratta ratta » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:30 am

Guest wrote:It does seem a bit bewildering that so many police with guns turn up and their first reaction to someone who'd just stole a van was surround it and shoot the living fuck out of it.
I think most other police forces would have opened the door and just arrested him.
Don't tell me though, America, that would have been too dangerous, wouldn't it? He could have been armed, after all. But there's nothing wrong with gun ownership though, eh?

The completely insane thing is that there were three things at stake right?

A: The runaway vehicle. Cops can deal with those, they do it all the time. And the vehicle was stopped in traffic anyways.

B: The UPS driver who was a hostage. They murdered him.

C: The stolen goods which 100% were covered by insurance, since they were from a jewelry store.

So this charade was completely pointless. A bunch of coked up goons wanted to play cowboy and killed two innocent people.

I wonder how many more cars got hit by stray fire.
Ratta ratta

Postby McKinstry » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:42 pm

You are pretty much guaranteed they were armed. The robbers used weapons in the robbery and I believe shots had been fired during the pursuit.

That said, it appears to have been handled in absolutely the worst possible way and there should be firings and criminal charges but given it is South Florida, that is unlikely. Forensics can determine which gun from either cop or criminal killed the driver or the bystander and hopefully that information will be released and acted upon.

31 cops from 3 separate agencies come boiling out of cars firing. I'm genuinely surprised several of their own didn't get hit as you can see police firing from at least 3 and possibly 4 sides. An honest to God circular firing squad. It really is a tough job but it is much tougher if you are stupid, panicked or simply badly trained and lead.
McKinstry

Postby Huckabee is a goon » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:36 pm

I'll give in their defense that yes, the robbers were almost certainly armed but that would seem even more reason to not start a gun battle in rush hour traffic.
It's hard to imagine how this all could have been handled more poorly.

Also Huckabee is a whiner who hates the first amendment.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinion/co ... story.html

Winnie, he one of your boys?
There must be a GOPper left who is for freedom.
Huckabee is a goon

Postby Macunaima nli xx » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:32 pm

Huckabee is a goon wrote:I'll give in their defense that yes, the robbers were almost certainly armed but that would seem even more reason to not start a gun battle in rush hour traffic.
It's hard to imagine how this all could have been handled more poorly.

Also Huckabee is a whiner who hates the first amendment.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinion/co ... story.html

Winnie, he one of your boys?
There must be a GOPper left who is for freedom.

Like I said, nice to see the U.S is importing Brazilian best practices. Hey, how does it feel to live in a country that copies the policing in a “third world shit hole”? All the money in the world and he best you guys can come up with is this, huh?

One thing I’ll give Brazilians: at least we know our police are murderous assholes and we don’t kid ourselves about living in “the best country in the world”. We may have racist fascist fucks in control, but the people who voted them in know exactly what they are and no one has any illusions about their “making Brazil great”.

So what’s you Yanks’ excuse?
Macunaima nli xx

Postby Condottiero » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:14 am

Macunaima nli xx wrote:So what’s you Yanks’ excuse?

Have you looked in the mirror?
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

Postby Macunaima nli cx » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:20 am

Condottiero wrote:
Macunaima nli xx wrote:So what’s you Yanks’ excuse?

Have you looked in the mirror?

I certainly am not making excuses for the U.S., nor saying that the rest of the world is a shithole compared to it.
Macunaima nli cx

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot