The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby General Paranoia » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:58 pm

NeckHairIsNotCool wrote:This whole thread has become incredibly sad recently ...

The clue is in the title :lol:
Sadly Bill has got too lazy to keep giving this thread enough content and we are struggling to keep it going with feeble efforts of angry guest :(
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby Angry Guest » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Would this be an appropriate moment to suggest that Derek put together another spreadsheet?
Angry Guest

Postby Angry Derek » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:05 pm

Excel!? Excel is fucking shit!
Angry Derek

Postby Angry Excel » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:09 pm

How the fuck do you print spreadsheets on just one page when Excel wants to print the fucking thing on several pages!?
Anyone?
Derek?
Angry Excel

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:40 pm

I think we have established that anybody who objects to anything is a Snowflake.
Class dismissed.

Postby Cats » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:25 pm

Angry Excel wrote:How the fuck do you print spreadsheets on just one page when Excel wants to print the fucking thing on several pages!?Anyone?
Derek?

You are dumb cunt. I fuck you long time.
Cats

Postby Hew Johns » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:28 pm

I post.
Therefore, I am.
Sad.
Hew Johns

Postby Handjobs for Hobos » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:54 pm

General Paranoia wrote:keep it going with feeble efforts of angry guest :(

Says GP, not at all sounding like a Chinese spambot ...
Handjobs for Hobos

Postby Tangoaticus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:58 pm

Bronshtein wrote:It depends what you want from a site and whether you want to just look.

I much prefer The Wargames Website to LAF which is a very dull, twee, window shopping site for the bored middle classes -
'Ooh Hermione! Look at those beautiful 3rd Hessian Tapdancers! More please Simon - I'm really looking forward to seeing how this army develops.'

That's 80% of the content with 10% being locked, moved and critics banned if they don't all swoon in awe.
Occasionally someone posts something useful in reply to a query.

TWW could do with more activity I guess but that will come if you give it go and actually write something on there rather than dribbling at the shading on a goat's udder on LAF.

Thanks, I visit LAF on an evening when I have time to sort through all the comments that you have mentioned. There is so much praise going on rather than actual constructive talk about something has been done that it can be annoying.

I think TWW might be my go to at lunchtime as I noticed that the topics on there are often the same as on TMP. I had a password there the last time I attempted to leave TMP but I think its expired now.
I also look at Wargames Rules and Terrain as they are sometimes something new to look at. The layout is good but no forum.

My previous favourites to look at were the Guild and FOF. The last was only Vietnam related but disappeared awhile ago. Shame since Empress and Gringos seem to have reinvented Vietnam.
Tangoaticus

Postby Tangoaticus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:00 pm

Michael wrote:From my years punting my old 6mm sci-fi on LAF I found TWW much more accommodating in terms of liking 6mm.
I have found the same of late with my 15mm fantasy.

It is my own superficial view that LAF whilst massively busy is very bias toward pretty 28mm from the 'big boys'.
TWW is not as busy as LAF, but seems to cater for a more diverse crowd, in terms of scales and companies.
In that there are a lot more 'indie' / 'grass roots' companies on TWW and a lot of stuff that is not just 28mm.

Your thoughts?

Yes I would agree with that about TWW. I also think that the amount of viewable traffic on TMP (once you stifle Tango) is about the same.
Tangoaticus

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot