The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Khusrau » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:11 pm

Katie wrote:"I believe "frig" used to be a thing."

Inside fruit machines, at the back where there's a locked door, there used to be a set of controls for things like changing the payout rate, easy-play mode or (for pubs) turning the goddamed-repetitive music off. These are officially called "frig switches" and the easy-play (for testing) is hence "frig mode".

Has everyone forgotten the classic 'frigging in the rigging' by the Sex Pistols?
Khusrau

Postby JJCH nli » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:36 pm

Inside fruit machines, at the back where there's a locked door, there used to be a set of controls for things like changing the payout rate, easy-play mode or (for pubs) turning the goddamed-repetitive music off. These are officially called "frig switches" and the easy-play (for testing) is hence "frig mode".

That is one of the most convoluted yet entertaining descriptions of the workings of female genitalia that I have read. :D

For further reference most, er ‘fruit machines’ have another ‘frig switch’ above the coin slot. It will definitely adjust payout and switch to easy-play mode but in all my years I’ve never found it to turn off the repetitive music. Your mileage may vary. :wry:
JJCH nli

Postby JJCH nli » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:40 pm

Macunaima nli wrote:

Portuguese has the best one yet: to make like a crab. You’ll understand if you’ve ever watched the front of a live crab.

Portuguese, or at least Brazilian Portuguese, is filled with delightful expressions. Who can resist an offer to come and fight with a spider?
JJCH nli

Postby Macunaima nli » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:03 am

...or slapping the spider.

My absolute fave can’t be translated, however: negociando com a Lula.
Macunaima nli

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:21 am

Macunaima nli wrote:...or slapping the spider.

Too dirty, or makes no sense?

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:18 am

Ringing the devil's doorbell

Postby Macunaima nli » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Guest wrote:

Just too involved.

“To negotiate” means what it does in English or “navigate” or, more generally “messing around with”. “Lula” means “squid”, but is also the nickname of the ex-president, who was a master coalition builder, heavily bearded, and considered by some to be a cunt.

So, negotiating with the president, or messing around with the squid/cunt/bearded clam.

I like it because it works so many different ways.
Macunaima nli

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:32 pm

Macunaima nli wrote:
Guest wrote:

Just too involved.

“To negotiate” means what it does in English or “navigate” or, more generally “messing around with”. “Lula” means “squid”, but is also the nickname of the ex-president, who was a master coalition builder, heavily bearded, and considered by some to be a cunt.

So, negotiating with the president, or messing around with the squid/cunt/bearded clam.

I like it because it works so many different ways.

Sorry I asked.... :D

Postby Macunaima nli » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:01 pm

Tolja. :D

If you think that’s bad, however, try translating or explaining Cockney rhyming slang or Polari.
Macunaima nli

Postby Voice From Limbo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:08 pm

Or French cuisine.
Voice From Limbo

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot