Defiance Games Plastic SF Marines Up for Order

Your thoughts on the (small) world of little lead miniatures.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Re: Defiance Games Plastic SF Marines Up for Order

Postby heaps of bodies » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:49 am

Lo, there's a poster on the kickstarter comments asking for a refund. 2 weeks ago.

It's funny and sad at the same time.

'Hey! I bought 200 Guineas of shares in the South Sea Company in 1720 and I have yet to see my share of that fat sexy Spanish Trade with the Indies . I invoke my rights and demand my money back!'
heaps of bodies

Postby Richard » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:45 am

frotherPest wrote:I wonder what ever happened to that dumb college kid that made himself unpaid public relations person for Tony. Or those two morons who thought they took over the company and ran that kickstarter — only to have Tony oust them afterwards, run off with the money and leave them with nothing. Didn’t they say they were going to start up a new company?

Washed my hands of the whole thing ages ago after Tony went off the deep end, refused to even accept mild criticism, and only listened to yes men (one of the kickstarter guys posted as "tiak" and was a principle cheerleader.

I occasionally feel bad about not being more strident about warning people away from the kickstarter since the people running it were incompetent (and that's not even to mention Tony pretending to not be involved). In fact, the kickstarter was the last straw for me since, well, it was being handled in the worst possible way.

By that time all of the other people who founded wargames factory - Tim Barry, John Morse, and Howard Whitehouse - had washed their hands of the thing as well. In fact, I'm pretty sure that, by the time of the kickstarter, they didn't actually have a sculptor to finish the project.

Also, yes, Tony was fucking racist as hell against Chinese people. He deliberately wrote them as the Yellow Peril in his Alien War universe.
Richard

Postby Captain of Ark B. » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:03 am

arhhhh the good old days...
Tony Reidy of Frothers, wrote:...pissant little fucktards buzzing around being annoying.
Captain of Ark B.
Committee Member

Postby OrlandotheTechnicoloured » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:51 pm

Impact Miniatures! has now got hold of the hard suits designs & files from the (unpaid) artist and are planning to have them as part of their next Lost Minis KS project

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... ts/2591550

so who knows the designs at least may rise like a phoenix from a particularly stinky dumpster fire
OrlandotheTechnicoloured

Postby Norton C Wongpower » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:21 am

OrlandotheTechnicoloured wrote:Impact Miniatures! has now got hold of the hard suits designs & files from the (unpaid) artist and are planning to have them as part of their next Lost Minis KS project

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... ts/2591550

so who knows the designs at least may rise like a phoenix from a particularly stinky dumpster fire

I don’t think they are the original designs(?) maybe “resculpts”
Norton C Wongpower

Previous

Return to Colonel Marbles' Mess Hall