World of Tanks Xbox one

All thats frother friendly from the world of electronic gaming.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

World of Tanks Xbox one

Postby Steders » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:27 pm

Fuck me this is a crafty game
its free
BUT
You really do need to pay actual money to get the best out of it.
I have to say I really enjoy it. The difference in player ability is astounding. I'm not great but watching people in big expensive tanks trundling slowly towards the enemy tanks and getting blown to fuck never ceases to amaze me. Or the entire team swarming off in one direction whilst the enemy team does the same in the other direction and all the spud heads stop in their tracks and give each other perfect side shots.

It really is a 'just one more game' like none I've played for a longtime and it all pays dividends when you set a KV85 on fire with your Pz38 and the cheap fucker hasn't bought a fire extinguisher
Steders

Re: World of Tanks Xbox one

Postby aliensurfer » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:40 am

apparently world of warships is good fun too, if that is on consoles yet - same with world of planes. all apparently good fun, but have the buy to win style which puts me off.
aliensurfer

Postby SpaceCudet » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:20 pm

I've been playing World of Tanks on the PC for a couple of years and I think it's a great game especially for us older gentlemen without the reactions needed for a twitch FPS. I didn't spend any money on it for over a year - but since then have had a premium account and have bought premium tanks. I think for the amount of time I spend on it it's good value for money and it's not really pay to win (although there is a small element of that) but pay to progress i.e. earn more credits and XP to unlock new tanks faster.

World of Warplanes is meh (Warthunder is apparently better), and Warships is ok.

Note: a very similar game with modern tanks is going into open beta in two days called Armored Warfare. I played on the stress test and it looks promising.
"We do have some nice archaeology but that's fuck all use when you have an anal prolapse." Rev Nice
SpaceCudet

Postby Montgomery Burns Jr » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:02 am

I still play WoT on my PC, but have recently turned to the Warships one and have dropped WoT. Its just the usual thing "oh, new shiney!" obsession and will probably return to tanks eventually. The satisfaction of sinking an enemy Battleship or carrier with torpedoes is quite good. I would recommend having a go.
Agree with SpaceCudet, the Warplanes version is shit. If you are into flight sims, there are much better out there.
I have paid money on WoT occasionally, but if you can stand the grind you can play for free no probs. Never needed to spend on Warships one.
Montgomery Burns Jr

Postby ork56 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:37 pm

Wot Blitz on iPad is a great game and you can easily get by without spending. They often give out free premium account days or tanks, which help with gaining credits in game. Plus at 7 minute games on smaller maps, you get a good turnover of games.
ork56

Postby EnglishRed » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:35 pm

One of my mates was giving me the hard sell on this the other day, now it's coming to consoles. I've played a bit of War Thunder (fun wih planes but tanks are a bit duff) but WoT looks better.
EnglishRed

World of Tanks Xbox one

Postby HenrymeF » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:43 am

Im pretty sure I shot it at steel match in Ponca City the one time I was there several years back.
HenrymeF

Postby Kailey54 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:41 am

This game is fantastic to play.
Kailey54

Postby Nelson5 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:03 pm

I'm almost certain I shot it at steel coordinate in Ponca City the one time I was there quite a while back.
Nelson5

Return to Virtual Frother