Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

All thats fit to print and plenty thats not from the world of comic frotherdom...

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

Postby Australian Dawn NLI » Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 pm

Sorry about the late reply, I'm blacklisted for some reason so haven't been logging in so much and missed your post. :oops:

ABBA aren't really my idea of Superheroes, they do look like corny superheroes there though, even if they're barely moving. Our Euro vision contestant this year was bobbing around on a stick like a Kewpie doll FFS- ABBA can barely be arsed to sway from side to side!
Australian Dawn NLI

Postby Voice From Limbo » Fri May 31, 2019 2:12 pm

Yeah, it was a different time -- the St. Vitus Dance Syndrome didn't kick in for a couple of decades. They didn’t do much hopping around at Eurovision, either:

https://youtu.be/3FsVeMz1F5c

Note how the announcer gets the names mixed up. And apparently, can't pronounce "Agnetha" -- not that I blame him on the latter:

https://youtu.be/5HJmW8EY8m0

What do you mean, "blacklisted"? Can that even happen here? :shock:
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn NLI » Fri May 31, 2019 2:47 pm

My IP address.
Frothers thinks I'm a spammer so I can't post logged in.
I'm a victim of Friendly Fire in the war against spammers. :cry:
Such indiscriminate blacklisting doesn't seem to be having much effect on the real spammers though! :demonic:
Australian Dawn NLI

Postby Voice From Limbo » Fri May 31, 2019 3:03 pm

That's weird.

You could try contacting a "moderator". 0;)
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:03 am

I'm back!
I never believed in the mods before, but you mention them and the problem disappears! :shock:
You're like an Internet Faith healer! :D
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:19 pm

Mods work in mysterious ways.

Now send me money! :twisted:
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:37 am

Scale is a real issue with superhero figs I find. 35mm seems to be on the rise with Knight Models leading the trend, but older, smaller ranges like heroclix and the various generic ranges have more options and would be easier to use with non super ranges, like pulp, gangsters etc.
How does a superhero show he's super without heaps of non super extras to throw around I ask you?
And I'd really like to set games in the war with ww2 figs, so the heroes being in 35mm is a pain in the arse. :(

Even within a range size can vary a lot, I bought an armadillo themed character thinking he would be armoured like the animal, I didn't think he'd be almost as small as one! :evil:

I'm hoping that with large bases on my outsized supers to keep them at a distance from the smaller rank and file this won't be too much of a problem (has anyone here tried this?) with borderline cases, although it's a real shame, and only really suitable for the very powerful, non-street level supers I think, but there are good figs from Hasslefree and other small manufacturers that look perfect for big bruiser types but are just going too look to small with the 35mms on the table. :(
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:18 pm

You may have to bite the bullet and go with 1/48 WWII figs -- they're in the range of 36mm. I haven't really searched out what's available, but North Star made some, though they may no longer be in production, or have passed into other hands. And I think a couple of other companies make them in that scale.

OTOH, some of the kit manufacturers make 1/48, Tamiya for instance; I wouldn't be surprised if they did boxes of figures. It would be cheaper too, I'd guess.

Of course, if you already have a bunch of 28mm, I can see how that would be a painful decision. :(
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:29 am

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of 1/48 WWII figures, I'd rather use 28mm, but I may have to consider it.
Thanks.
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:40 pm

Damn. And here I thought the Man from Oz was back. :cry:
Voice From Limbo

Previous

Return to Comics Emporium