Meanwhile, in the rest of the world...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Meanwhile, in the rest of the world...

Postby rebelyell2006 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:43 am

Multiple states here have banned abortion and made it a capital crime to perform or receive one. And they already hinted at going after school racial integration. The dementia-addled "president" announced his plans to pardon war criminals, while his pack of feckless cunts are openly laughing at subpoenas and contempt rulings. How worse could it be in Australia?
rebelyell2006

Postby LimeyCunt » Sun May 19, 2019 6:55 am

School racial integration? Really?

Have you got any links for that? I’d be interested to read more (and by interested I mean horrified yet unable to look away).
LimeyCunt

Postby rebelyell2006 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:12 am

Linky. President Fatass is too stupid to pick nominees. The people pulling his strings are selecting nominees who hold very specific beliefs, and for very specific reasons.
rebelyell2006

Postby Australian Dawn NLI » Sun May 19, 2019 8:52 am

Considering the youth and origin of the nation Australia used to be such a progressive country, now we're a backwards laughing stock. :(

I can't really see that anything went significantly wrong in the campaign for Labor, Hawke even had the decency to die at a strategically appropriate time so that the TV news was flooded with tales of Labor successes during his Prime Ministership, if with all this and after all the leadership chaos from the Libs Labor still couldn't get in, what on earth will it take?

ScoMo is a snakeoil salesman and nonentity bottom feeder churned up by the libs savage leadership struggles, why the hell do people trust this man to lead the nation?
Why do the people seem to dislike Shorten with such a pathological intensity?
ScoMo gets right in the mans face and tries to intimidate him in public debate, the media goes after his dead mum, why is the man despised so?
The people really want an opportunistic, bullying blowhard like ScoMo?

The Liberal world view is more and more dominant despite the fact people profess more and more how much they're concerned about climate change, workplace bullying, gender equality, etc.
Are we now a nation of pathological liars?
Is this why the exit polls are so out of wack? Are people just straight up lying?
I just don't know anymore.

The liberals view of Australian history and culture will have been dominant for so long I doubt anyone will remember anything different, soon it will be entirely alien for an Australian to see the world as anything other that a dog eat dog, survival of the fittest, kiss up kick down, hellhole of exploitation and shameless, myopic self-interest, and be just fine with that.
The Fair Go redefined for a new, harder and crueller generation of Australians. :(
Australian Dawn NLI

Postby Guest » Sun May 19, 2019 9:47 am

Australian Dawn NLI wrote:Considering the youth and origin of the nation Australia used to be such a progressive country, now we're a backwards laughing stock. :(

I can't really see that anything went significantly wrong in the campaign for Labor, Hawke even had the decency to die at a strategically appropriate time so that the TV news was flooded with tales of Labor successes during his Prime Ministership, if with all this and after all the leadership chaos from the Libs Labor still couldn't get in, what on earth will it take?

ScoMo is a snakeoil salesman and nonentity bottom feeder churned up by the libs savage leadership struggles, why the hell do people trust this man to lead the nation?
ScoMo gets right in the mans face and tries to intimidate him in public debate, the media goes after his dead mum, why is the man despised so?

The Liberal world view is more and more dominant despite the fact people profess more and more how much they're concerned about climate change, workplace bullying, gender equality, etc.
Is this why the exit polls are so out of wack? Are people just straight up lying?

The liberals view of Australian history and culture will have been dominant for so long I doubt anyone will remember anything different, soon it will be entirely alien for an Australian to see the world as anything other that a dog eat dog, survival of the fittest, kiss up kick down, hellhole of exploitation and shameless, myopic self-interest, and be just fine with that.
The Fair Go redefined for a new, harder and crueller generation of Australians. :(

"If you have a go, you'll get a go"

Fucking hell...

Postby LimeyCunt » Sun May 19, 2019 10:16 am

:)
rebelyell2006 wrote:Linky. President Fatass is too stupid to pick nominees. The people pulling his strings are selecting nominees who hold very specific beliefs, and for very specific reasons.

Oh for fucks sake...that’s just...well I’m lost for words.

Apart from - what a bunch of cunts.
LimeyCunt

Postby LimeyCunt » Sun May 19, 2019 10:20 am

Australian Dawn NLI wrote:Considering the youth and origin of the nation Australia used to be such a progressive country, now we're a backwards laughing stock. :(

I have to say, over the last ten to fifteen years I’ve encountered many Australians (and New Zealander’s for that matter) who reckon the image their country projects of being open, welcoming and socially progressive is utter bullshit.

They paint a picture of a society embracing a close-minded, reactionary/racist outlook.
LimeyCunt

Postby Guest » Sun May 19, 2019 11:20 am

LimeyCunt wrote:

I have to say, over the last ten to fifteen years I’ve encountered many Australians (and New Zealander’s for that matter) who reckon the image their country projects of being open, welcoming and socially progressive is utter bullshit.

They paint a picture of a society embracing a close-minded, reactionary/racist outlook.

Blame the fucking baby boomers, property invested - self interested - bourgeois wine quaffing fuckers!

Postby gustav » Sun May 19, 2019 11:41 am

I thought the boomers too, but more the baleful infuence of the murdoch rwnj propaganda media empire.

The Fox organisation is not only a blight on the US / UK / Australian body politic but also I would suggest also subverting the democrating process by it's RW stances in all 3 countries, pushing the world view of their master and destroying / stifling any realistic debate. Almost Treason in my book. Seriously. Not because of the views - but the manner, the market domination and the approach.

Why should one person / one organisation have so much leverage in any functioning society ?
gustav

Postby Macunaima nli » Sun May 19, 2019 11:44 am

JJCH nli wrote:No, we had that sense of foreboding and deep despair in 2013. Now is worse, we’ve seen just how bad the fuckwits can be.

Sorry, mate. It’s shit the whole world over. Meanwhile here, Bozo is openly planning a coup. We are a cunt hair’s width away from Tonton Macoutes and no one gives a fuck.
Macunaima nli

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot