Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

All thats fit to print and plenty thats not from the world of comic frotherdom...

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:54 pm

I suppose I might as well do a full on Tango01 and show my earlier posts with the pics from the sites I linked to so people can see what I'm talking about and just hope no one takes offence and has incriminating puffin related pics of me....
Australian Dawn wrote:There seem to be plenty of mechanical wing fellows I can probably use, this guy seems cool although his costume does lack the circus reject factor I'd like.

This guy would make a neat alternate take on a bat vigilante, don't know if he was active in the war though

No idea yet what US hero could work for this guy but he seems generic enough in looks to be worth a shot

That seems like a pretty good core of a British ww2 era supergroup, monster hunter, flying inventor and Magneto Nazi hunter. Am I missing some obvious addition?

I also like this girl with her cross symbol as a possible foil for the bat out of hell character, they'd make a nice couple, but that's little enough to go on and I can't think of anyone obvious I could base a conversion on.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:58 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:Japan's early superhero Ogon Bat has an evil doppelganger called Kurayami Bat and he's basically a skull headed badguy so I shouldn't have any trouble with him this Italian hero
looks like he might be supposed to be Japanese or have some connection to Japan? Great name and created about the right time that if he had pre-existing adventures it could have involved him in the war... a bit sad his costume isn't the sort of "super I'm really looking for. I'm clearly going to have to use heroes for war time villains, the bad guys just aren't as well documented it seems. :(
But then there is a war on.

These guys seems like they have potential
and

The armoured hero could, with the war as justification for and armour upgrade, be a not Iron Man if worst came to worst.
The fat Mussolini looking guy would make a great heavy for the Italians but his Atomic Man alias suggests his origin is probably post war.

German heroes from this era seem a bit scarce (probably for the obvious reasons),I'm sure I'll find a red skull metalfig, but two skull faced villains...?

The bad guys are lacking a bit in the tights department though.

a skull faced demon-thing from japan, another bone head from Germany, a living tank from Italy (or maybe japan?), an armoured tech hero for Italy, And maybe a nuke powered Italian strong man, well it's a start of a villain team I suppose.
Is Katana supposed to be a hero or a villain? I could probably justify her inclusion somehow.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:59 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:This guy looks like a great Axis villain, sort of like Cobra Commander or the Shredder. What a terrible name though.

And a cool looking flying villain

Makes batman's scalloped cape seem a bit half-arsed doesn't it? :lol:
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:04 pm

And I'll show Jakar Nilson's excellent contribution:
Jakar Nilson wrote:While he was created in the 70s, I would go with the Steel Commando, or "Ironsides" as Ernie calls him:

In a way, he can easily be an expy of a WWII-era American hero, Bozo the Robot.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:20 pm

More from me:
Australian Dawn wrote:I'm leaning towards Thunderbolt Jaxon as a not-Thor/Captain Marvel, and the Australian connection appeals to me, if any Pom hero had a crossover with a classic Aussie hero I'm guessing he did.

but I don't know if he was operational in the war. Plus his costume is pretty dull, probably not worth the effort of converting if there is any alternative.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:26 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:This guy shows promise

I still don't know what he's holding, anyone have any ideas?
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:52 pm

Oops, nearly forgot to repost my reply to Jakar Nilson:
Australian Dawn wrote:Thanks. He looks great, robots like him and Robot Teacher seem to have been quite popular from the number of them I've seen.

I'd considered Iron Teacher
but I'm guessing his red tinny look was the more iconic and not easily converted.

The Iron warrior would be a good addition as well but looks more like a huge tin woodsman mecha than a superhero

And finally Ogon Bat, who's evil doppelganger is in the running to be my major Japanese villain in my Axis Team

Stylish fellow isn't he? Don't know if I'll go with that particular look.
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:24 pm

A Sue Storm figure could work for the woman, if you add a cape. Heroclix made more than one:

https://www.amazon.com/HeroClix-Storm-U ... B005N05MLY

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/129476?u ... isEALw_wcB

Have you taken a careful look through Old Glory's Superfigs? I'd think some useful stuff could be found there, and the sculptor seems to have mostly avoided the thick style:

https://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/prod ... d=SF-SU-08
Voice From Limbo

Postby Voice From Limbo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:02 pm

And these basic muscle guys are ripe for conversion:

https://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/prod ... d=SF-SU-09

BTW, I notice that if you click on the photos of a number of the unpainted figs, you get a painted version; much easier to see the detail.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:17 am

Voice From Limbo wrote:And these basic muscle guys are ripe for conversion:

https://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/prod ... d=SF-SU-09

BTW, I notice that if you click on the photos of a number of the unpainted figs, you get a painted version; much easier to see the detail.

Do those guys even have noses?! They might be good for the near omnipresent skull themed villains that infest the genre in this time period though.
The one leaning forward in the foreground has a nice pose and it seems like he would look good on a flight stand.
He might work for the Ogon Bat villain if given a cape and staff.
I'll have a browse of the Old Glory site and see what else they've got. :beer:
Australian Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to Comics Emporium