They are rebooting WHAAAAAT?

Discussion of cinematic genius and disaster past and present, with a twist of froth.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: They are rebooting WHAAAAAT?

Postby Hastati » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am

Ramshackle_Curtis wrote:"Now, a classic movie they COULD reboot is '7 Samurai'.. It's a great film, but it's also a long, slow, Japanese, Black and white film with subtitles."

Er, mag 7 is a remake of 7 samurai. SO thats what they are doing, remaking 7 samurai. Also the new film looks really silly, jumping shooting nonsense. I watched mag 7 and it was ok but a bit lame really. I have watched 7 samurai several times and its just a better film. MInd you, I really like Kurasawa films.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooosh.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby Clayface » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Hastati wrote:Wooooooooooooooooooooooosh.

so Far over his head it's more like Wooooooooooooooooooooooosh
Clayface

Postby Altius » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:35 pm

You know what would make a great version? If you did it in the style of a blaxploitation film. Set it in an apartment building in Harlem in 1972. The poor residents are being threatened by the Italian Mafia (aided by the police, of course), and in come our heroes, wielding sawed-off shotguns. One of them is a karate expert. The leader (I'm thinking Samuel L. Jackson) would smoke cigars and deliver one-liners while fighting. Afros, dashikis, and bell-bottoms everywhere. A couple of the good guys wear berets. The love interest would be a Pam Greer type, but I'm not sure who could pull it off. The soundtrack would be updated versions of Motown classics, heavy on the bass. It could called, "Seven Badass Motherfuckers", although we might need to tone that down to get widespread distribution.

God, I should have been a Hollywood writer!
I'm not a bad man but in certain situations I have to ask myself - what would a bad man do?
Altius

Previous

Return to Movie Zone