One shot scenarios?

Releases, reports, rules, rumours and resources for your favourite Role-Playing Games (RPGs).

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

One shot scenarios?

Postby Skipp » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:19 pm

I'm thinking about getting my group to try a few oneshot scenarios, if you could reccomend one or two truly great scenarios suitable for this play, which one(s) would you?

Basically don't give a fuck about systems, i can convert most stuff without too much trouble.

What are you doing Dave?
Skipp

Re: One shot scenarios?

Postby geronimo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:38 am

The Haunted House (in every version of the CoC rules iirc) is simple and effective, and would be fairly easy to swap to another system/worldset.
...I've heard things about people from other people about certain people to back that up (c) Andrew May

geronimo
Associate Member

Postby Scott Dorward » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:04 pm

geronimo wrote:The Haunted House (in every version of the CoC rules iirc) is simple and effective, and would be fairly easy to swap to another system/worldset.

You can also download it free of charge from the Chaosium website.
Scott Dorward

Postby Monkeyborg » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:19 pm

Lots of very nicely presented fantasy ones here: http://blog.trilemma.com/search/label/adventure :D

Old White Dwarfs are a good source too. I'm particularly fond of The Sunfire's Heart and The Licheway adventures.
Monkeyborg

Postby Skipp » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:36 pm

The Lichway is a favourite of mine, albe fiore at his finest.

Also thanks for the CoC suggestion, I do want to shift them towards BRP in time, and am keen to get them to try out other systems (BRP) would be idea as once they've learnt the core stuff we can shift settings anytime...

So, please forget my comments about me converting, what I'm after are one shot / intro scenarios which allow people to immerse in a setting and challenge in one night ideally...

What are you doing Dave?
Skipp

Postby tiacapan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:58 pm

I'd go for A Box of Old Bones (Dragon Warriors), Invasive Procedures (Fear Itself) or The Dying of St. Margaret's (Trail of Cthulhu). All good fun scenarios.
The voices in my head want me to hurt you...
tiacapan

Return to Role-Players Inn