Background music for gaming?

Releases, reports, rules, rumours and resources for your favourite Role-Playing Games (RPGs).

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Background music for gaming?

Postby Skipp » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Speak for yourself.

I'm a gamer and I'm fucking hardcore too... :demonic:

As all who know me will attest...

That's right lads, isn't it? :oops: :cry:

What are you doing Dave?
Skipp

Postby Duff » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:20 pm

Skipp wrote:
I'm a gamer and I'm fucking hardcore too... :demonic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-mPnmfrm6I
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby Passer by » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:43 pm

venusboys3 wrote:
Duff wrote:
Passer by wrote:
Klingsor wrote:If heavy metal is played, twat the cunt who put it on for being such a fucking stereotype.
Second that.
I don't dislike metal but I've always wondered how it got to be the go-to music for gamers. Maybe it's the false sense of bravado it gives them, imagining themselves 'hard-core', in the face of all evidence to the contrary.

If you're a dejected nerd, you usually take refuge in wherever you find that refuge, be it metal, cheetos (judging from the size of your average wargamer) or how you are totally a navy SEAL ;)

More to the point, metal has the themes. I can find a metal track about a lord of the rings, moorcock or Lovecraft story, about any given battle in history, about robots or aliens or whatever you need.

Can't do that with the shit on the radio.

"Oh hey guys, while we're getting the table set up ,I just wanted to set the mood for the brutal battles around Kursk with some Black-Eyed Peas".

Come to think of it, being murdered by Nazi's probably seems pretty appealing in comparison.

We did use the Alien soundtracks for a Hunter the Reckoning game once, and that was pretty cool.
Better red than dead
Passer by

Postby Duff » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:57 pm

Passer by wrote:

More to the point, metal has the themes. I can find a metal track about a lord of the rings, moorcock or Lovecraft story, about any given battle in history, about robots or aliens or whatever you need.

A brilliantly succinct demonstration of some (but not all) of the reasons why all Metal is goddawful shite. Duffs Metal theorem obviously applies
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby Passer by » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Duff wrote:
Passer by wrote:

A brilliantly succinct demonstration of some (but not all) of the reasons why all Metal is goddawful shite. Duffs Metal theorem obviously applies

Grandpa is rambling again. Someone top off his drink :)
Better red than dead
Passer by

Previous

Return to Role-Players Inn