The Librarians

Post your views about what's on the telly-box (not about transvestites, unless it is a programme about transvestism, and even that is borderline unless there are also ladyboys).

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

The Librarians

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:52 pm

I've been watching The Librarians TV series on DVD, it's very silly but a lot of fun, as it says on the back of the box it's sort of like Indiana Jones crossed with Dr Who.
Very light hearted.
Don't expect great acting or emotional depth, just silly magical adventure.
If that sounds like your sort of thing and you haven't seen it already you should check it out.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Re: The Librarians

Postby andrewbeasley » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:35 pm

Agree totally.

The series dips now and then compared to the films but worth a hour or two to chill out to!

Cannot wait for anew series here.
andrewbeasley

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:02 pm

I haven't seen the films yet, I'll have to track them down on DVD to watch while I wait for the next season of the TV series.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:00 pm

This show has a great cast and I really like that there are heroic characters of various ages, not just teens and early twenty somethings. Too often these days there seems to me to be a lot of ageism in these types of shows, the heroes are always bit's of kids with everyone else being mentors, pathetic, or villains. Not that there aren't young characters but the balance seems more realistic.
Not everything has to be Buffy.

I thought they were really onto something whenever they mined literature for ideas, something that seems obvious to do in a series named The Librarians and I was surprised they didn't develop that aspect even further, and I hope they explore that more in the future.
Australian Dawn

The Librarians

Postby avedems » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:43 am

After watching just the first gameplay trailer, I've decided that I want this game It looks fuckin' epic
avedems

Return to TV Zone