Doctor Who

Post your views about what's on the telly-box (not about transvestites, unless it is a programme about transvestism, and even that is borderline unless there are also ladyboys).

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Postby Germy Bugger » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Rev Nice wrote:Very perplexing. :?

Blimey Rev you are taken with the new Who :wink:

Just saying the earth can be in danger without everyone knowing about it. But too many plots have had everyone on earth affected or been visable to the whole planet.

Rather than the Doctor being the unsung hero he's turning into a super one.

I'd prefer the forma.
Germy Bugger

Postby anevilgiraffe » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Germy Bugger wrote:

Just saying the earth can be in danger without everyone knowing about it. But too many plots have had everyone on earth affected or been visable to the whole planet.

Rather than the Doctor being the unsung hero he's turning into a super one.

I'd prefer the forma.

yarp... but that's been my complaint of the whole new series...

Gailbraithe wrote:I actually do know better than the dictionary.
anevilgiraffe
Associate Member

Postby Rev Nice » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Germy Bugger wrote:

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pick on you as much as all the irritating fantwats on numerous forums (which I refuse to join so can't comment) who say this all the time (along with the rest of the mantra which normally concerns Tennant, RTD, whatever is afflicting their so called minds at that moment).

For the record though, although the Atraxi through scanning records of Earth's history (which must also mean confidential files owned by the British Government and UNIT) saw the Doctor's involvement, Amy and Rory are the only other witnesses to the Doctor's victory.
Even the other scientists seem to be unaware of the Doctor which is why he posts his diagrams (and a joke) to convince them of his plan - and then leaves poor Jeff to handle things.
The Doctor has saved the entire planet but only two humans know the full story.
Rev Nice
FU!UK Chair

Postby xeoran » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:41 pm

Errrr...yes but most of humanity has heard the aliens messages and at least a whole village has seen them in person. I'm perfectly fine with the Doc saving Earth from peril but I agree with the others that Earth has now seen so many aliens that it seems odd that Earth pretty much continues on as normal. Wouldn't multiple contacts with aliens have some kind of effects?
Comic Relief wrote:Because last time I checked, we pretty much made our life on crazy.
xeoran

Postby Low Tars Dog » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:46 pm

It was OK, a bit underwhelming for a first episode however I seem to remember this tends to be the trend.

My daughter likes it so not all is lost
Some days the best thing about my job is that the chair spins
Low Tars Dog

Postby Rev Nice » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:19 pm

xeoran wrote:Errrr...yes but most of humanity has heard the aliens messages and at least a whole village has seen them in person. I'm perfectly fine with the Doc saving Earth from peril but I agree with the others that Earth has now seen so many aliens that it seems odd that Earth pretty much continues on as normal. Wouldn't multiple contacts with aliens have some kind of effects?

Behind the scenes, UNIT has a very good budget from the UN, and the Doctor is known to the British Government from at least the time of Lloyd George.
For the general populace, the Brigadier (as a ruse) mentioned he was writing his memoirs now that the truth was out about aliens (in SJA), characters such as Wilf fully believe in aliens given the evidence (usually at Christmas) whilst the general populace seems divided.
In the Sarah Jane Adventures, the alien computer Mr. Smith, regularly hacks into the media to put out 'explanations' for alien activity and the SJA stuff seems to be canon for Who too. So blame Sarah Jane and her super computer.
Rev Nice
FU!UK Chair

Postby Rev Nice » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Low Tars Dog wrote:It was OK, a bit underwhelming for a first episode however I seem to remember this tends to be the trend.

Blimey and gazooks! You take a lot of impressing!

My daughter likes it so not all is lost

And Gawd bless her for it! (Just pray her bedroom wall doesn't get any cracks!)
Rev Nice
FU!UK Chair

Postby xeoran » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Rev Nice wrote:Behind the scenes, UNIT has a very good budget from the UN, and the Doctor is known to the British Government from at least the time of Lloyd George.
For the general populace, the Brigadier (as a ruse) mentioned he was writing his memoirs now that the truth was out about aliens (in SJA), characters such as Wilf fully believe in aliens given the evidence (usually at Christmas) whilst the general populace seems divided.
In the Sarah Jane Adventures, the alien computer Mr. Smith, regularly hacks into the media to put out 'explanations' for alien activity and the SJA stuff seems to be canon for Who too. So blame Sarah Jane and her super computer.

Yes but...

xeoran wrote:Wouldn't multiple contacts with aliens have some kind of effects?
Comic Relief wrote:Because last time I checked, we pretty much made our life on crazy.
xeoran

Postby anevilgiraffe » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Ace: But this is earth, 1963. Well someone would've noticed, I'd have heard about it!
The Doctor: Do you remember the Zygon gambit with the Loch Ness monster? Or the Yetis in the underground?
Ace: The what?
The Doctor: Your species has the most amazing capacity for self-deception, matched only by its ingenuity when trying to destroy itself.

although quite frankly even those events were localised as opposed to the entire planet being witness....

Gailbraithe wrote:I actually do know better than the dictionary.
anevilgiraffe
Associate Member

Postby aecurtis » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:12 pm

I liked young Amelia and not much else.

The missus liked it all, which is sad commentary.

Allen
aecurtis

PreviousNext

Return to TV Zone