Doctor Who

Post your views about what's on the telly-box (not about transvestites, unless it is a programme about transvestism, and even that is borderline unless there are also ladyboys).

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Postby Colonel Kane » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:02 am

I don't know if there was some subtle homage to Douglas Adams going on, but the first quarter or so really put me in the mind of the opening of Hitch Hiker's Guide. Was that just my imagination?
"Not-Made-From-Meat-Made-From-Zoats-Instead-Ibix"
Colonel Kane

Postby Bruenor Odinson » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:04 am

aliensurfer wrote:caught the end of it, seemed quite good. Saw a pic in one of the tabloids yesterday of miss Pond wearing a slight shirt covering her tits and a small pair or nearly transparent light blue knickers - she's pretty fit.

That'll be this pic then.....

and we have this to look forward too as well
Bruenor Odinson

Postby Bruenor Odinson » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:10 am

aaaaannnnnd a post Rev pic......
Bruenor Odinson

Postby ddeputy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:16 am

It was the most fun the new Who has been in a long time. Better than anything RTD ever wrote. New companion is super cute too. Really looking forward to the rest of the series.
ddeputy
Committee Member

Postby --- » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:21 am

ddeputy wrote:New companion is super cute too.

She looks like a Swan Vesta :|

As an actress/character she's interesting but I just can't see what all the fuss is about.....
---
Committee Member

Postby Heresy Miniatures » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:28 am

Ta for pointing out that Geoff's gran was in the room. That did seem odd that Sir Patrick was chatting up the young feller!

As to ropey CGI - I meant the Atraxi eyeball spaceships weren't very convincingly 'there'. Looked like they could have done with a bit more work to blend them in with the footage. The barracuda chap was OK, though.
Heresy Miniatures

Postby Germy Bugger » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:38 am

Dags wrote:
ddeputy wrote:New companion is super cute too.

She looks like a Swan Vesta :|

As an actress/character she's interesting but I just can't see what all the fuss is about.....

Personally I didn't like her character, overall the new who was good (hated the new music, destroyed a classic theme!) but the idea of Ms Pond being a kissagram just didn't work. Looks, personality, none of it was convincing. She got better as the episode went on but a weak start I thought.

Also it was another "the whole earth threatened" plot. Need to get away from that.

Going back to the music and Who is getting like a lot of similar programmes with over the top, loud distracting music. My guess is it sounds great with full surround sound and a dozen speakers but I'm often having to switch my TV sound settings to voice just so the incidental music doesn't drown out the dialogue. But that's probably more a statement of becoming an old git :wink:

Anyway bring on the next episode.
Germy Bugger

Postby Vyper » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:48 am

Yeah but you can't beat a bit of Billie though!

Maybe a companion team up is required? ;)

Looks like she likes the sauce too!

Vyper

Postby Heresy Miniatures » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:18 pm

One for our resident Pervert, Mr S:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1TIGGzF0O4

:rofl:
Now that someone has pointed it out, you can't think of it as being anything other than a butt plug!
Heresy Miniatures

Postby Rev Nice » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:58 pm

Germy Bugger wrote:Also it was another "the whole earth threatened" plot. Need to get away from that.

Yes, the destruction of Uncle Sid's shed and the trampelling of his allotment patch would have been far more cinematic and heightened the odds.
Why has Doctor Who always had so many aliens threatening the Earth when surely what everybody wants to see is them having a lovely cream tea or doing a spot of yoga.

Very perplexing. :?
Rev Nice
FU!UK Chair

PreviousNext

Return to TV Zone