Doctor Who

Post your views about what's on the telly-box (not about transvestites, unless it is a programme about transvestism, and even that is borderline unless there are also ladyboys).

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Doctor Who

Postby kawasaki » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:And being the BBC it will only cost you an arm, a leg and your firstborn child.

Actually, no.

20 quid for the complete 2015 series, you tight bastard.
The Cardinal of Cunt

I have never heard of Frothers Unite- UK!

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=201399
kawasaki

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:12 pm

Hmmm, That is reasonable. I certainly haven't seen anything like that around here recently.

edit: The price is quite reasonable when I look it up on a local DVD store website, I seldom see anything reasonably priced like that on the store shelves though. Gouging bastards. :evil:
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby GarrisonMiniatures » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:29 pm

Personal view is that I didn't really like the Capaldi Doctor or storylines. Comes under the heading 'personal choice' as most people seem to like them.
GarrisonMiniatures

Postby DemonEtrigan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:44 am

GarrisonMiniatures wrote:Personal view is that I didn't really like the Capaldi Doctor or storylines. Comes under the heading 'personal choice' as most people seem to like them.

I loved Capaldi's Doctor and feel he was criminally wasted before this latest season :)
DemonEtrigan

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:04 pm

DemonEtrigan wrote:I loved Capaldi's Doctor and feel he was criminally wasted before this latest season :)

All modern versions of the Doctor act wasted. It's his defining character trait.
This one is an angry drunk.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Rossco » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:31 pm

The actors have been good when they had decent material to work with. What has made Modern Who so patchy is the scripts: some have been good, some mediocre and some they appear to have fished out of the reject bin.

I thought Pearl Mackie as Bill did good job. It was refreshing to see a sidekick being intelligent and sometimes spotting clues.

Capaldi was certainly wasted in some episodes. We have seen him carry an entire episode as a lone hand, but in others it seemed he was just repeating the Doctor's usual speeches.

That last episode was quite the tearjerker, but that was fine given that it was known to be a final episode for some characters. It also gives me an excuse to use different versions of cybermen together in games.

This season gets a pass mark from me. Could do better by being more consistent, but it was overall better than some other seasons of Modern Who.
I Froth because I care about miniatures.
Rossco

Postby Hastati » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:47 am

Finally catching up on the whole series (up to episode 10 now I think). Mostly rubbish to be honest. Capaldi could have just phoned it in. I do like Pearl Mackie as Bill, think she's done a respectable job with the character.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby GarrisonMiniatures » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:04 pm

So... female new Doctor?

Been expected by a lot of people and Missie was obviously a trial run but?

Admit I'm dubious.
GarrisonMiniatures

Postby andrewbeasley » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:09 pm

GarrisonMiniatures wrote:So... female new Doctor?

Been expected by a lot of people and Missie was obviously a trial run but?

Admit I'm dubious.

I've no issue over the sex of the Doctor as long as the stories are reasonable - I hold a slim hope still but it's fading and I wonder if this is just a desperate attempt to keep a dying series alive by being controversial given the male history?
andrewbeasley

Postby Sane Max nli » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:19 pm

frankly, the announcement that the new doctor is female is somewhere on a par with Doernitz announcing the selection of Joe Kennedy as his vice fuehrer or the crew Illuminating the 'no smoking' signs on the Hindenburg.

At this stage they could reveal the new actor to be a knitted sock-monkey voiced by Tony Blair to a near universal response of 'Oh, it's still on TV is it? I stopped watching when he started wearing a fez / it transpired the moon was a Giant Egg / Nasty Nick turned out to be alive and a Weeping Angel.'
Sane Max nli

PreviousNext

Return to TV Zone