Doctor Who

Post your views about what's on the telly-box (not about transvestites, unless it is a programme about transvestism, and even that is borderline unless there are also ladyboys).

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Doctor Who

Postby kawasaki » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:23 pm

The mil-history freaks will have a stroke at tonight's episode...
The Cardinal of Cunt

I have never heard of Frothers Unite- UK!

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=201399
kawasaki

Postby sane max nli » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:32 pm

kawasaki wrote:The mil-history freaks will have a stroke over tonight's episode...

That good, eh?
sane max nli

Postby SpaceCudet » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:58 am

sane max nli wrote:
kawasaki wrote:The mil-history freaks will have a stroke over tonight's episode...

That good, eh?

Never mind the history: the team land in 2nd century Scottish wilderness, in the middle of a war, and the Doctor allows his assistant to wander off on her own in search of the invading army without as much as a bar of Kendall Mint Cake :loopy:

And she still manages to safely get to the Forest of Dean.
"We do have some nice archaeology but that's fuck all use when you have an anal prolapse." Rev Nice
SpaceCudet

Postby DemonEtrigan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:48 pm

SpaceCudet wrote:
sane max nli wrote:

That good, eh?

Never mind the history: the team land in 2nd century Scottish wilderness, in the middle of a war, and the Doctor allows his assistant to wander off on her own in search of the invading army without as much as a bar of Kendall Mint Cake :loopy:

And she still manages to safely get to the Forest of Dean.

'By nightfall we shall feast in my fathers hall in Nottingham' :)
DemonEtrigan

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Rossco wrote:Next week it looks like Space 1889: Colonial British versus Ice Warriors.

Was this and/or the Roman Legion episode any good?

Every time I give up on Dr. Who as being a load of rubbish another interesting sounding story comes along to build up my hopes again... :cry: :evil:
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Rossco » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:12 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:
Rossco wrote:Next week it looks like Space 1889: Colonial British versus Ice Warriors.

Was this and/or the Roman Legion episode any good?

Every time I give up on Dr. Who as being a load of rubbish another interesting sounding story comes along to build up my hopes again... :cry: :evil:

Space 1881 British versus Ice Warriors had nice visuals, a reasonable plot and a very well done call back to classic Who which tidied up the Ice Warrior time line across stories. Overall quite watchable but not great.

Scots versus Romans versus monster was a poor episode: rubbish plot, characterisation and acting was not good and the monster set up and entrapment was illogical. The one good thing about it was the actual monster, which I will shamelessly rip off for my role playing campaign.

The most recent episode was back to good Who. Properly done body horror and sensible plotting showing the space ship survivors becoming Mondas cybermen. Having the Master being revealed in the 'Next Week' trailer from the previous episode was a massive mistake; the big reveal would have had a lot of punch if it hadn't been telegraphed. Pearl Mackie seems to be quite a good actress when she has the material to work with.

This season has been a mixed bag: some good, some mediocre and some rubbish episodes. I'm just hoping the next episode lives up to the promise of the set up: it will probably decide me on thumbs up or thumbs down for the season as a whole.
I Froth because I care about miniatures.
Rossco

Postby Australian Dawn » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:22 pm

Thanks. :)

Shame to hear the Scots vs. Romans one wasn't very good though. :(
Australian Dawn

Postby kawasaki » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:12 pm

Utter. Fucking. Bollocks.
The Cardinal of Cunt

I have never heard of Frothers Unite- UK!

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=201399
kawasaki

Postby S.J.S » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:53 am

Hope you don't mind me jumping into the conversation halfway through.

I've also found the new series of Dr Who is a bit like The Curates Egg (good in parts). Bill has grown on me lately as a character who adds a new dynamic to the series. I keep watching just in case I miss something good.

What I am more annoyed about is that my Sky Service has just cancelled the Zone, which was playing Classic Dr Who every week night at 7pm and has gotten midway through the 4th Doctors run. I am really looking forward to 5 as I don't remember much about him. I was also looking forward to 7.

Looks like I will have to buy the DVD's now which are rarely on sale being a BBC product.
S.J.S

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:40 pm

And being the BBC it will only cost you an arm, a leg and your firstborn child.
Australian Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to TV Zone