Doctor Who

Post your views about what's on the telly-box (not about transvestites, unless it is a programme about transvestism, and even that is borderline unless there are also ladyboys).

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Postby xeoran » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:52 pm

That was...surprisingly fun.
Comic Relief wrote:Because last time I checked, we pretty much made our life on crazy.
xeoran

Postby redzed » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:00 pm

it was total arse.

I didn't see it but all this positivity on Frothers is unnerving so STOP IT RIGHT NOW :evil:
redzed

Postby Hastati » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:03 pm

redzed wrote:it was total arse.

I didn't see it but all this positivity on Frothers is unnerving so STOP IT RIGHT NOW :evil:

Sounds like you need a hug. Where's Steders?
Hastati

Postby anevilgiraffe » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Hastati wrote:
redzed wrote:it was total arse.

I didn't see it but all this positivity on Frothers is unnerving so STOP IT RIGHT NOW :shock:

Sounds like you need a hug. Where's Steders?

judging from the last four words, he's already there...

Gailbraithe wrote:I actually do know better than the dictionary.
anevilgiraffe
Associate Member

Postby JollyBob » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:28 pm

anevilgiraffe wrote:
Duff wrote:That was a relief. I thought Smith was a bit of a twat on Jonathon Ross, but he was excellent tonight.

didn't watch Ross, but have seen an interview with him before and he came across as right pretentious arse going on about his art and stuff...

Caught a bit of him on Zane Lowe's show on Radio 1 yesterday, and I thought he sounded like a complete fucking tool... *

However, the first outing of Doctor 11 was surprisingly good. I have decided that he reminds me of Michael Palin, but I can't figure out why.

Thought he came a bit close to impersonantions of Tennant at times, but I'll let that slide as its the regeneration episode and that may have been deliberate.

(* I had an idea that he is such an instinctive actor, that he mirrors whoever is interviewing him, therefore with Ross he's a twat, with Lowe he's a tool. Get Parky to interview him, see if he suddenly likes cricket... :wink: )
Mongrel In Training
JollyBob

Postby Rev Nice » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Not a fan of the new music at all.
Which is a shame because everything else is bang on!

Tweedy mad eccentric Doctor vs weird, weird stuff that will mess with children's minds for years to come.

One paper (I think it was the Telegraph) made a comment about how he sounded to them for a moment like Oliver Postgate doing the narration for Noggin the Nog and I think that's almost accurate.

Smith is very, very unusual. He's not like anything else on television. His delivery of speech is that of a much older man from another generation and when he utters contemporary phrases it's amusing because they jarr so much with his persona.

Needless to say, the 'and is this planet protected?' speech and accompanying pictures gave me deep, deep geeky joy.

This episode had to introduce the concept all over again from the begining, the new Doctor, his new companion, even a new Tardis. On top of that it had to do all the things a Who story does.
Somehow, it achieved this. With flying colours.

Beans are evil!
Rev Nice
FU!UK Chair

Postby Hastati » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Rev Nice wrote:Not a fan of the new music at all.
Which is a shame because everything else is bang on!
With flying colours.

I think the Rev is in love! Awwwwww, bless.
Hastati

Postby Vyper » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:23 pm

As a Matt the twatter I have to confess that I really liked the little git, a real eclectic doctor with a good cannon nod and a passing of the baton etc...

I shall alter my signature, I was that impressed! :wink:

Now.... how long before the kissagram gets her keck's off in the more adult torchwood crossover. Captain Jack just loves those gingers!

:D
Vyper

Postby anevilgiraffe » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:54 pm

you know, I don't notice that Bond theme trumpet bit at the start after a couple of times...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/episo ... s/p00765br

the choral bit is standing out though now...

anevilgiraffe
Associate Member

Postby anevilgiraffe » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:56 pm

actually that's really growing on me... :oops:

anevilgiraffe
Associate Member

PreviousNext

Return to TV Zone