Falling skies - season 4

Post your views about what's on the telly-box (not about transvestites, unless it is a programme about transvestism, and even that is borderline unless there are also ladyboys).

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Falling skies - season 4

Postby aliensurfer » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:46 pm

starts 9pm Tuesday 15th on Fox, trailers up now, looks interesting with what appear to be clones of the resistance appearing in a school/uni type building at one point and all in the same uniform.
aliensurfer

Re: Falling skies - season 4

Postby Skipp » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Is it any good? Got a copy of the 1st series here, and nothing to watch...

What are you doing Dave?
Skipp

Postby Skipp » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:31 am

Tried the opener of season 1 - a double bill.

Wasn't too keen at the final analysis...

What are you doing Dave?
Skipp

Postby Sondergaard » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:18 am

Just watched seasons 1-3 on Sky box sets. It's OK and a damn sight better than Revolution. Some great little scenes but a bit too much family drama. How many times can one of the Masons be kidnapped and rescued this season?
I do like how the characters evolve, Tom Mason in particular becoming harder as the season's progress. His casual use of some of his men as a distraction while another attack went in was particularly good.
Not for everyone and it has its faults but worth a look.
Sondergaard

Postby Squeaky » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:06 pm

It's repetitious, unbelievable sentimental tripe really, but worth watching if your only other choice is Geordie Shore or Chelsea Slags or whatever.
Squeaky

Postby Australian Dawn » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:30 am

I just watched the first three seasons of this.
I'm surprised it hasn't had a miniature game spin off, the show seems made for it with a lot of options for varied troop types and interesting potential scenarios for games.
God, they do harp on about the (rather dodgy and forced IMHO) historical parallels, don't they?
And the lead, Tom Mason I think his name is, talk about wordy! I think the actor probably has a bit too much influence on the story, I think he is a producer or something behind the scenes and every time a character starts to threaten to overshadow his they tend to have an accident or be taken down a peg, but all in all it's nice to see a sincere, pretty straight forward attempt at an Alien Invasion story done for TV.

I'm looking forward to watching season 4.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Condottiero » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Had forgotten about this show...

Didn't see any point in watching past Season 3, for the aforementioned reasons. If one's not on Team Mason, expect to be sidelined, as Tom has all the answers. :roll: Had so much potential, but most of the episodes ended up being filler, especially with the focus on kids and pointless drama.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:59 am

I like how the usually holier-than-thou Tom shoots Karen under a white flag and nobody bats an eyelid. :lol:
And when the real President shows up and they all treat him like he's still President, while still having their own President of New America, even having one leave office and a new one come in, and nobody mentions how odd this is. :lol:
Australian Dawn

Postby Condottiero » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:21 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:I like how the usually holier-than-thou Tom shoots Karen under a white flag and nobody bats an eyelid. :lol:
And when the real President shows up and they all treat him like he's still President, while still having their own President of New America, even having one leave office and a new one come in, and nobody mentions how odd this is. :lol:

How about that kid who betrays everyone and gets his dad killed, since he wants to return to the "Borg Collective"? I forgot what happened to him after getting rejected by the aliens. Since Tom did his darnedest to redeem the "Borg Drones", Maggie goes and executes Karen, Hal's girlfriend, without consequences, yet Lourdes who had the head worm, is allowed to live. :roll:

After season one, the show didn't know what it wanted to be...

Just watch the first and last episode of each season and you're good to go, as nothing really changed...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

Postby Australian Dawn » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:31 am

Condottiero wrote:How about that kid who betrays everyone and gets his dad killed, since he wants to return to the "Borg Collective"? I forgot what happened to him after getting rejected by the aliens.

Disappeared between seasons I think, like a disturbingly large segment of the cast unfortunately*. I was annoyed that the old guy who developed the radio to block skitter communications (with extra patriotic power from being hooked up to a flagpole of course, because America :lol: ) disappeared that way, along with that whole subplot it seems (the aliens adapted between seasons apparently, as you do when the enemy develops a weapon that attacks one of your senses and your species' mode of communication. :roll:) Still, I like the Alien's design and the basic idea of the show, so I'll be watching the rest of the series.
It'd be nice to see how the rest of the world is fairing during the alien occupation though, hopefully they deal with that in episodes I haven't seen yet.

*I liked how when that kid's father sacrificed himself to let the others get away he made the oldest Mason boy promise to look out for his son. I'd be surprised if the two boys even shared any dialog after that episode as his kid got more and more screwed up... and then died off camera between seasons with barely a mention. :lol:
Australian Dawn

Next

Return to TV Zone