Doctor Who

Post your views about what's on the telly-box (not about transvestites, unless it is a programme about transvestism, and even that is borderline unless there are also ladyboys).

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Doctor Who

Postby kawasaki » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:
*I mean for the W to be pronounced, not silent like it usually is. It's a pun people. A very politically incorrect pun. Yes, apparently I will sink that low for the sake of a bad pun. :oops:

The W is pronounced, you Antipodean dope, just not with the consonantal value that you bunch of ex-cons would like to assign it. If it wasn't pronounced the word would be 'hom', and wombats would be even more ridiculous than they already are.

:)
The Cardinal of Cunt

I have never heard of Frothers Unite- UK!

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=201399
kawasaki

Postby noxious gas » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Well its been two days and no-one has called her Dr Whore yet.
Well done everyone.
noxious gas

Postby Hastati » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:34 pm

I really don't get the moaning about this. I started with Pertwee so have been watching for a little while now. The Doctor is a fictional alien who regenerates into a new version of itself. Who gives a fuck if that's male, female, or whatever? Change is good and the show desperately needed change. I'll pass judgement on the new Doctor based on her acting and the quality of the stories.

I'd also have been quite happy to see Tom Baker back.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 pm

Hastati wrote:I'll pass judgement on the new Doctor based on her acting and the quality of the stories.

I think this is the part people are doubtful about and worried that the BBC's answer to a lack of quality stories is slapping some tits on the lead character.
I'm sure most of the doubters will be as happy as everyone else if the new Doctor's run goes well and justifies the decision to go with a female Doctor.

At least a lot of middle aged men will feel less ashamed as they wank off while thinking about the Dr. now. :lol:
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:28 pm

I don't think Richard Ayoade would make a very good Dr. To me it would just be Rich pretending to be the Dr.
Tony Gardner or Mark Heap would be my choices for oddball Dr's. For some reason I'd prefer them in a deerstalker.

Postby kawasaki » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:55 am

noxious gas wrote:Well its been two days and no-one has called her Dr Whore yet.
Well done everyone.

Yebbut, the Sun has printed pics of her with her baps out, so normal service has resumed.
The Cardinal of Cunt

I have never heard of Frothers Unite- UK!

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=201399
kawasaki

Postby Levied Troop » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Of course, she's not the first female Doctor:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GlQ2U-Ks67I
My fingernails are filthy, I've got beach tar on my feet
And I miss my clean white linen and my fancy French cologne
Levied Troop

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:45 pm

I've seen Class being shown late at night on the TV, I watched a few episodes and thought it was pretty average, has it improved? I'm wondering if I should have taped it. It's part of Dr. Who cannon right?

PS I've heard the Chinese have apparently signed on for at least five new series* of DR. Who, so it seems the Doctor's future is assured for some time. But I don't expect He/She will be combating evil communist analogue aliens (or historical communists for that matter) any time soon. (Does he ever? His villains seem mostly Nazi like if based on any ideology) In fact I'm predicting the usually very individualist and Britain centric Doctor will start to develop a deeper appreciation for all things Chinese and collectivist in years to come. :lol:

*Isn't seasons the correct term? Whatever, I heard it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbCPK1iF0uM
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby S.J.S » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:52 am

I'm not worried about there being a female Dr but wonder if she will strange (wacky) enough for the role?

Wish that they had gone halfway and employed Eddy Izard.

(If anyone is wondering about my user name the reason for it is I fell in love with Sarah Jane Smith all over again as we just had the 4th Dr on TV)
S.J.S

Postby SpaceCudet » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:43 am

"We do have some nice archaeology but that's fuck all use when you have an anal prolapse." Rev Nice
SpaceCudet

PreviousNext

Return to TV Zone