Rough the Magic Dragon

Tips and WIPs for those brave souls pushing green stuff around in their homes.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Re: Rough the Magic Dragon

Postby CrumbReaper » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:15 pm

Heresy Miniatures wrote:Well, if you're doing it for Ian to cast, do him a favour and make the wings folded up and as small as possible!

yeah :lol: I'm still toying with the idea of the Spined Dragon approach to wings, see how it goes when I get onto sculpting the bugger 8)
CrumbReaper

Postby CrumbReaper » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:17 pm

freakinacage wrote:Great work so far. Good tips Andy, I started a dragon sculpt a couple of years ago (design was my biggest problem) so the advice is appreciated

Oh and crumb, I made set lengths for the long bones in wire to keep proportions correct and avoid bendy limbs. Bulked out the torso with old sprue and wire and covered with left over gs blobs

nice idea on the sprue!! got quite a stack of that................. did you post pics anywhere of your sculpt, always, always keen to see what others are upto, all
goes in the inspiration and motivation bank 8)
CrumbReaper

Postby freakinacage » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:34 pm

No. he's barely got anywhere. The Kev sculpting class has meant that I'm practicing humans atm
freakinacage

Postby The Dozing Dragon » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:48 pm

How did i miss this post? Looking great.
The Dozing Dragon

Postby Heresy Miniatures » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:15 pm

CrumbReaper wrote:
Heresy Miniatures wrote:Well, if you're doing it for Ian to cast, do him a favour and make the wings folded up and as small as possible!

yeah :lol: I'm still toying with the idea of the Spined Dragon approach to wings, see how it goes when I get onto sculpting the bugger 8)

I know a good way to make large open wing membranes that aren't flat (ie made with plastic card) if you need it. But put a curve of any sort in there and you increase the amount of silicone you need exponentially, so flat is much cheaper.
Heresy Miniatures

Previous

Return to Sculpting Workshop