Mad Clown Miniatures Diorama

News and discussion of your favourite wargames and new rules to make it completely unplayable.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Mad Clown Miniatures Diorama

Postby moonmin82 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:58 pm

In preparation for my table at Salute 2014 I am building my first diorama! The survival horror inspired corridor scene will promote some of my new resin releases, The Faceless.

Today I received a delivery of foamboard and set about building the basic structure. It's fairly sturdy and although not yet glued it fits together pretty well. Here's a first glimpse:

moonmin82

Re: Mad Clown Miniatures Diorama

Postby Ajsalium » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 am

I still think the guy in the middle is laughing his arse out. That he's laughing at the apparent death of his comrade is very creepy and fantastically fitting. I'll look forward to seeing this diorama develop.
My fucking blog
Updated Jan 21st
Ajsalium

Postby moonmin82 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Cheers! Here are the basic components so far...

There is the basic front, back, sides and floor, like a five sided box. There is also a further "side" panel which serves as a support to the middle of the base. I also cut a further back panel with guide holes for the three "side" panels.

I printed off a number of patterns: wallpapers, doors, rugs and paintings (from the Resident Evil and Silent Hill video games). The wallpaper will ultimately be used in my diorama but everything else is for reference only:

moonmin82

Postby moonmin82 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Base is now fully assembled, using wood glue. Been working on a door and floorboards, built from plasticard:

moonmin82

Postby Ace From Outer Space » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:35 pm

For your next dio you could always have a shed load of your really fucking scary clowns coming out of a teeny tiny car!

Looking promising so far! :D
Ace From Outer Space

Return to Wargames Misc.