That new Cs5 sculpting putty.

Tips and WIPs for those brave souls pushing green stuff around in their homes.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Postby freakinacage » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:03 pm

I want to try the stuff but didn't back him on kickstarter as the rewards that actually gave you any of it started about half way into it meaning that you had to pay for crap like tee shirts first
freakinacage

Postby mr tough guy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:52 am

Special limited pre-release offer of Cx5

The original Cx5 is available for purchase today, before the official release, (and shhh, this offer is just for you, because you're a Newsletter subscriber.)
Why is this not the official release?
Because Adam has altered the formula to make Cx5 even better.
This means two great things; we're switching production over to the new Cx5 right away, and we're offering our stock of the original Cx5 for sale, in advance of the official launch, to Newsletter subscribers only.
We thought it was only fair to let you know about the amazing innovations happening here at Adam Beane Industries, and give you a chance to get your hands on the original Cx5 and the first tutorial video while we make the switch.
The Cx5 we have in stock is the same incredible material Adam has been working in for six years. The store is open for a limited time, and once we sell out of the original Cx5, the store will close again until the official release.

http://www.store.adambeane.com/

mr tough guy

Postby Joek » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:25 am

Shipping costs prevented me from pressing click. I'll hang fire and see what folk can start doing with it and then maybe give it a whirl.
Joek

Postby Heresy Miniatures » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 am

Can't tell you how bemused I am by that press release, awaiting my now-obsolete sample of the first CX5 to arrive from overseas..

'We've finally sent your Kickstarter sample out! By the way, it's not as good as the stuff we'll be releasing! Isn't that great?!' :loopy:
Heresy Miniatures

Postby spectacle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:06 am

They do seem a bit full of themselves, mentioning how "amazingly innovative" they are in every other sentence. Though I suppose that kind of bragging is par for the course on their side of the pond.
spectacle

Postby freakinacage » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:06 am

Heresy Miniatures wrote:Can't tell you how bemused I am by that press release, awaiting my now-obsolete sample of the first CX5 to arrive from overseas..

'We've finally sent your Kickstarter sample out! By the way, it's not as good as the stuff we'll be releasing! Isn't that great?!' :loopy:

Yup I was excited to get that, then read it, an was impressed how quickly they talked me out of a sale
freakinacage

Postby Norton C Wongpower » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:25 am

Does anybody know where I can get 28mm sized blocks of marble? I heard that its the best medium out there, instantly turning its users into master sculptors.
Norton C Wongpower

Postby Heresy Miniatures » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:35 am

I think they only sell it in bulk packs, sadly. But you could split it up into small bags and keep it stored until use?
Heresy Miniatures

Postby Ajsalium » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:37 am

Problem is the best ones come from Italy, and due to their weight shipping costs are too expensive. :(
My fucking blog
Updated Jan 21st
Ajsalium

Postby Heresy Miniatures » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:39 am

I heard GW had bought some, retro-engineered the mineral content and were getting some quarries down the road to make their own version.
Heresy Miniatures

PreviousNext

Return to Sculpting Workshop