That new Cs5 sculpting putty.

Tips and WIPs for those brave souls pushing green stuff around in their homes.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Postby Woody » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Tre still can't log in wrote:
I'm curious about it as a new medium, but I can't really see it'll be much use to me for work.

Really? That shit looks like sex magic to me. I can't wait to get my hands on it and be utterly let down by the limitations of my abilities with it!

It may be better for the sculptor, but my clients tend to prefer a simple green that can be bunged straight in the volcaniser with no faffing around.
Woody

Postby freakinacage » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Artemis Black wrote:

That's the video that started this thread ya pleb :)
really? shit, I remember a different one..

Tre still can't log in wrote:
I'm curious about it as a new medium, but I can't really see it'll be much use to me for work.

Really? That shit looks like sex magic to me. I can't wait to get my hands on it and be utterly let down by the limitations of my abilities with it!

that. I like the idea that i can warm it with a heat gun then when cool it's hard. No more stupid finger prints
freakinacage

Postby mr tough guy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:53 am

Just got another update saying the kickstarter rewards have been sent out and one of the rewards was a sample of the stuff, anyone on here backed him and got a sample?
mr tough guy

Postby Vermis » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:44 pm

What kickstarter?
Vermis

Postby SaigonSaddler » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Vermis wrote:What's a 'kickstarter' ?

I think it's a part for a cross-country/off-road motorbike.
Walsall FC - Pride of the Midlands!
SaigonSaddler

Postby mr tough guy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:20 pm

this was the first I heard of it too, but apparently there's been a kickstarter and one of the rewards was a sample so very interested if anyone has got their hands on some of the stuff
mr tough guy

Postby Tre still can't log in » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:41 pm

I think this was one fo kickstarter's earliest big successes.

Can't wait to get my hands on a sample of this stuff!
Tre still can't log in

Postby HiveTrygon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:51 am

maxxev wrote:
spectacle wrote:I wonder if this stuff could be used for casting? It looks like it gets pretty liquid.

it looks to me like it could be used for Resin casting, with the added advantage that for "converting" models to make more variations you can just take it out of the mold and using a hot tool convert away.

But you'd not be able to use it for direct to metal casting, no. Not if it "goes soft when warm", no way.

You might be able to metal cast with it in silicon if it melts at high temps as I master resins all the time in silicon and they soften while baking. My guess is that it's a blend of clay or putty mixed with a thermo plastic. I've actually been playing around with a mix like that myself but found skill is always just as important as the material. I don't believe it's going to make many of us that better of a sculptor. :wink:
HiveTrygon

Postby Heresy Miniatures » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:25 am

I backed him, and got a message saying all the rewards had been sent out. Being in the UK and not the USA, it's yet to arrive, obviously. Very eager to get hold of it.
Heresy Miniatures

Taarnak

Postby eMills_76 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 pm

All reports seem to suggest that it is a wax, similar to one produced by Willow Products. ThreeSixty, if I remember the thread correctly.

I can't imagine it will have a ton of utility for miniatures sculptors, but I eagerly await reports here as well.

~Eric
eMills_76

PreviousNext

Return to Sculpting Workshop