Any pulp/cheesecake WAAF figs out there?

Your thoughts on the (small) world of little lead miniatures.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Any pulp/cheesecake WAAF figs out there?

Postby Australian Dawn » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:35 am

I'm looking for a figure to represent Wanda the Wargirl in her uniform:
https://discoveringanzacs.naa.gov.au/br ... rds/506328
So I'm thinking a WAAF figure would be my best bet, Tradition of London have one in 30mm, but I'm wondering if their aren't any other examples out there (I'm not too sure about the Tradition of London one, does anyone have it?)
Wanda's a WW2 comicbook heroine who tends not to stay fully clothed, so I was looking for pulp or pinup style WAAF figures in an action or sexy pose in 28-35mmish range, thinking this seemed to be something there would be a few of out there, but I haven't found much. :(
Am I missing something?
I'm thinking my best bet might be to try painting or sculpting the extra pockets on a not-Agent Carter fig, of which there are a few out there, but thought I'd check with you guys to see if you know of any better options first.

I'd rather the figure didn't have any satchel of clipboard or anything overly practical or officious that would make her look too commonplace that I'd have trouble removing, I think it would be easier to sculpt a pocket than remove a hip bag, but if I go the agent carter route it won't have a suitable hat and I'll either have to try sculpting it or go without, as I'd rather she had the hat if she's in uniform. But maybe a figure with a really action packed pose would justify her not having one.

I know it's probably a long shot, but any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Re: Any pulp/cheesecake WAAF figs out there?

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:22 am

Wow. Some good finds there, thanks!
That operative Haley looks like a good option (another not-Agent Carter by the look of it, that show must have been very popular with wargamers)

That Jodie figure is smashing too, pretty close to the style of wartime pinup and nose art I'd say, I'll have to see if I can think up a use for her.

Thanks for bringing these to my attention!
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Return to Colonel Marbles' Mess Hall