Helsvakt Hordesmen Wart Staff, conversion kit or stand alone

Your thoughts on the (small) world of little lead miniatures.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Helsvakt Hordesmen War Staff conversion kit or character figures??

Single piece Standard bearer and single piece Musician
57%
modular bits for standard and musician's horn
43%

Total votes : 23

Helsvakt Hordesmen Wart Staff, conversion kit or stand alone

Postby Tre still can't log in » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:55 pm

This woudl be a poll if I coudl log in.....

I am almost finished with the new HelsVakt hordesmen. I am working on the Musician and standard bearer right now and I realized that I could make each of them conversion kits and not sacrifice pose.... It MAY make a difference on costume composition ( mainly on the musician as I planned him to have a drum slung over his shoulder. ) but onyl marginally.

Just for frame of reference I have one leader ( modularly fitted for right and left hand options ) and four footmen ( modularly fitted for interchangeable right hand, left hand, and head/ helm options ) and these two warstaff characters ( the standard bearer 75% done, musician 25% done ).

So if these were conversion kits then I woudl have a leard and six modular footies.

I can see the obvious cost / vs profit differences btu I want to knwo what people prefer when given the choice.

Also I am planning some vignette conversion kits that will include prisoners, severed heads, victims, etc. The way that these will be made will be drasticly effected by whether or nto all of the figures are modular or not.

These parts will also be marketed as a full unit ( hero, war staff and footies ), individually ( each individual figure sold separately ) and in boosters ( war staff pack, 4 footies, and 2 footies etc. ) If that makes any difference.

Cheers guys.... I am gettign REALLY excited abotu these... and yes Sasha is getting worked on as well... a LOT trickier than I though tryign to get a likeness.... it is driving me nuts!
Tre still can't log in

Postby mr tough guy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:09 pm

I'd rather have a conversion kit over a separate banner/musician, gives you a bit more options
mr tough guy

Postby HiveTrygon » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:13 am

Make the torso conversions for a set of legs and a couple where you could swap legs and torso. Then you could do the torso and legs and just swap them around or include extra bodies if people did not want the stand and musc. :wink:
HiveTrygon

Postby The Masked Frother » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:21 am

I don't know exactly what you are asking but the unit and vignette conversion kits sounds great!

Are you saying you would do one figure that could either be a standard or musician?

I think two separate figures is better as I don't think it is possible to disguise that both come from the same basic figure.
The Masked Frother

Postby Tre still can't log in » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:10 am

No no, one figure would work as a standard bearer and another figure all together would work as a musician.

To be totally honest most of the figures that I have made thus far would work as a standard bearer given how I have fitted the left hand for modularity.

I suppsoe I could give the musician a horn instead of a drum and call it even but that seems like a cop out at thi spoint. These Helsvakt are goign to be everything they should be and then some. I am taking great pains to see to it that this expansion is my next step up in the RBG game. As such I am not willing to cut corners for the sake of expediency, but neither do I want to miss an ideal opportunity.

I MUST get these done as I have three other factions beatign my brains out to get ont eh corks.
Tre still can't log in

Postby jodee » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:38 am

Tre,

Blowing a horn is much more Helsvakt. Drums slung over shoulders is for hippies.

Jodee
jodee

Postby Tre still can't log in » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:37 pm

heh heh heh Well not if it is festooned with skulls and bones!

Oh and Jodee, I have been scourign my email tryign to find your last email that I never replied to..... Sorry about that, got lost in the daily flood I guess. Shoot me another please so that I can properly and promptly reply.
Tre still can't log in

Postby The Masked Frother » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Both would be Frothing! :D
The Masked Frother

Postby Rev Nice » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Tre, write out the categories for the poll and the wording you want and I'll stick it up as such.
Rev Nice
FU!UK Chair

Postby Tre still can't log in » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:05 pm

Thanks Rev

Helsvakt Hordesmen War Staff conversion kit or character figures??

Single piece Standard bearer and single piece Musician

modular bits for standard and musician's horn
Tre still can't log in

Next

Return to Colonel Marbles' Mess Hall