Defiance Games Plastic SF Marines Up for Order

Your thoughts on the (small) world of little lead miniatures.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Re: Defiance Games Plastic SF Marines Up for Order

Postby Spear » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:49 pm

Apparently it's Kickstarters fault for not vetting Defiance more carefully given their past history :loopy:
Spear

Postby IntruderAlert » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:19 am

Hello,

I am writing to follow up with you on the consumer complaint you filed with the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office (AGO) and provide you with a status update on the mediation effort with Defiance Games, LLC and the AGO.

I regret to inform you that our attempts to mediate with this business did not yield a mutually acceptable resolution and we have concluded our efforts.

During the mediation process, our office was advised by their attorney that Defiance Games, LLC was in financial default and intended to file for bankruptcy under Chapter 7 of the US Bankruptcy code and that the remaining principle of the business had filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy personally.

*snip*

Nicholas Synowiec, Deputy Director

Did the office of the Massachusetts AGO actually write about the remaining principle of the business?

In fact, the principal apparently has no principles to begin with, so there couldn't be any remaining in any case.
IntruderAlert

Postby Macunaima » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:02 am

Ramshackle_Curtis wrote:What a shame! Our great business leaders are being attacked by Fat Cat bureaucrats and ungrateful customers! Imagine! All The Honourable Tony Reidy wanted was a whole bunch of cash and not having to send out any product, and now he has to file for bankruptcy. Poor, poor Tony the Great. We should all rally round him and give donations to get Rip-Off Games up and running, and employ Reidy as the shadow manager. His customer service is 100% totally intangible, plus he gathers extra ordinary amount of money for vapor-ware that he wisely does not disseminate. Brilliant business acumen and a real Hero of Our Age.

And let us not forget the gratuitous jingoism. That's what I really loved about Defiance.
Macunaima

Postby Captain of Ark B. » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:35 am

Sorry for the thread-romancy peeps, but I'd just like to point out to those that missed in in the babble about Salute15, that Wai Kee Hui and John Hayden from Wargames Factory came an sought us out at the Frothiem Castle, to say thank you for being the only place on the web that could speak the truth, and get to the bottom of the Tony Reidy/Defiance Games situation.

Needless to say, their opinions of Our'Tone were not favorable, from Tony initial insistence that he knew best when it came digital files and production methods, to the time they inherited WF from him, the level of incompetence was shockingly unprofessional.

The WF guys left a few limited edition plastic sprues, that they were working on, at the table for Frothers to SNAFU, and although I'm not a fan of plastic kits, I couldn't help but be impressed with the precision and quality levels they are working at, nothing like the poo-on-a-sprue Tony was banging out...

So, from them, to everyone who posted here, Thanks kids, you did a hell of a job... 8)
Tony Reidy of Frothers, wrote:...pissant little fucktards buzzing around being annoying.
Captain of Ark B.
Committee Member

Postby Clayface » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:43 am

You filthy traitor Pete. Accepting those dirty dirty free sprues to parrot the furriner's filthy lies. Were they drenched in the blood of kittens? Don't you KNOW that Tony Reidy was a brave True-Blue white American Businesman forced to the wall by Wai Hee Hui's yellow hordes? They literally tunnelled under MA USA and stole the company, like Giant foreign Mole-Rats. Literally.Hundreds of USA Workers lost their jobs. I have it on good authority that Wai Kee Hui is the new owner of Khurasan Miniatures as well.

Plus resurecting this thread is just downright deth-piccable, now I will need to read it all again for a good laugh.
Clayface

Postby Captain of Ark B. » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:47 am

Sane Max wrote:... yellow hordes?

That is/was hilarious, John is from New York; NY, and looks like he bleeds red-white-and-blue, and Wai Kee Hui is a Canadian... :rofl:
Tony Reidy of Frothers, wrote:...pissant little fucktards buzzing around being annoying.
Captain of Ark B.
Committee Member

Postby Germy Bugger » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:00 am

pete wrote:So, from them, to everyone who posted here, Thanks kids, you did a hell of a job... 8)

Never has 'taking the piss' achieved so much. :beer:
Germy Bugger

Postby Clayface » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:08 am

pete wrote:
Sane Max wrote:... yellow hordes?

That is/was hilarious, John is from New York; NY, and looks like he bleeds red-white-and-blue, and Wai Kee Hui is a Canadian... :rofl:

CANADIAN? EVEN WORSE! They don't allow their children to shoot each other with real guns, nor do the CMP maintain the supremacy of the WASP way of life by randomly murdering brown people to keep the rest on their toes. If we had known he was Canadian we would have been rooting for Tony from the start. Vote UKIP! etc etc :D
Clayface

Postby Heresy Miniatures » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:34 am

pete wrote:Sorry for the thread-romancy peeps, but I'd just like to point out to those that missed in in the babble about Salute15, that Wai Kee Hui and John Hayden from Wargames Factory came an sought us out at the Frothiem Castle, to say thank you for being the only place on the web that could speak the truth, and get to the bottom of the Tony Reidy/Defiance Games situation.

Needless to say, their opinions of Our'Tone were not favorable, from Tony initial insistence that he knew best when it came digital files and production methods, to the time they inherited WF from him, the level of incompetence was shockingly unprofessional.

The WF guys left a few limited edition plastic sprues, that they were working on, at the table for Frothers to SNAFU, and although I'm not a fan of plastic kits, I couldn't help but be impressed with the precision and quality levels they are working at, nothing like the poo-on-a-sprue Tony was banging out...

So, from them, to everyone who posted here, Thanks kids, you did a hell of a job... 8)

8)
Heresy Miniatures

PreviousNext

Return to Colonel Marbles' Mess Hall