Defiance Games Plastic SF Marines Up for Order

Your thoughts on the (small) world of little lead miniatures.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:05 pm

Something seriously irks me about the way he's holding that LMG, it just doesn't look right.

I'm definitely gonna wait until the reviews start coming in before even considering buying these, i already got burnt by those awful WGF plastic zombies when they were first released.

Postby Hermit » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Dags wrote:2) Baring in mind TtBHJ's past record it's safe to assume that the SAW gunner is a render rather than the 'real thing'.

You're absolutely right there. In fact, it's a piss-poor one at that, with clear polygon faces showing on the helmet (and even on the rim of the base if you look closely). That, and the other things you mention, and it's a case of: "part with your money at your own risk" :shock:
Hermit

Postby Cait Sidhe » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Why is the front leg distorted? Looks liek it's photoshopped and the foot still doesn't align with the base.

Anyway, so far they don't look too bad but I hate the helmet and there are far better trooper alternatives out there.
Cait Sidhe

Postby Hermit » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:51 pm

Because it's made up of various 3D mesh objects that have been piss-poorly put together.

JollyBob wrote:They look better than I expected. Would like to see some full sprue shots.

There is actually a full sprue shot. Take a look at the last image in the 6 on here (the site tends to be a bit slow):

http://defiancegames.com/index.php/shop ... ct=7831674

:shock: TtbhJ has to be fucking joking if he's using that as a sprue shot, not to mention the "AVAILABLE NOW for pre-order" bullshit line. And judging by the few responses he's had, some have been stupid enough to actually pre-order when everything about it says: "NooooOOOOO!"
Hermit

Postby aliensurfer » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Hermit wrote:Because it's made up of various 3D mesh objects that have been piss-poorly put together.

JollyBob wrote:They look better than I expected. Would like to see some full sprue shots.

There is actually a full sprue shot. Take a look at the last image in the 6 on here (the site tends to be a bit slow):

http://defiancegames.com/index.php/shop ... ct=7831674

:shock: TtbhJ has to be fucking joking if he's using that as a sprue shot, not to mention the "AVAILABLE NOW for pre-order" bullshit line. And judging by the few responses he's had, some have been stupid enough to actually pre-order when everything about it says: "NooooOOOOO!"

well, all the American good ol' boys from TMP have problem shot their bolt over the fact they can pre-order these. Don't forget that all the problems from before (piss poor quality, stuff paid for not arriving) were all down to those evil Chinese and one other guy. It's an American product made in America therefore it MUST BE AMAZING. :loopy:

Still, they do look like they are imporving and if they manage to get the bugs out looking even vaguely like the artwork they may be useful, if just for conversions as they'll be cheaper than buying a box of placcy bugs from GW.
aliensurfer

Postby Lovejoy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:38 pm

Bigger pic:

Not really floating my boat.
Lovejoy

Postby Low Tars Dog » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:41 pm

Quite fancy getting some will wait and see what a whole box, built and painted look like first but nice to see new stuff on sci fi coming out
Some days the best thing about my job is that the chair spins
Low Tars Dog

Postby An Absent Humphrey » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:48 pm

From the (very little) we've seen so far they don't look any worse than the EM4 plastic sci fi marines, and I'm sure there are plenty happily using those.
I wouldn't buy these without seeing them first, but from what I've seen so far then I'll certainly look forward to finding them at an upcoming show.
An Absent Humphrey

Postby Norton C Wongpower » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:49 pm

They're not real (again) are they Tony? Seeing as you used to read this forum and guest post all day long I'll assume that you're reading now so....
1. Is that shot a render or "real"?
2. Have got any actual sprue shots that we could see?
3. Are you infact trying to get enough pre-orders to afford to manufacture them?
4. Is this going to end in the sad star that WF did?
Norton C Wongpower

Postby Norton C Wongpower » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Oh and I assume that the painted one is actually a rapid prototype?
Norton C Wongpower

PreviousNext

Return to Colonel Marbles' Mess Hall