What do the people want?

Your thoughts on the (small) world of little lead miniatures.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

What next?

1. Albionicans - Warpy Land's Human Protagonists
9%
2. Hobgoblins
23%
3. Frog people
23%
4. Oriental Goblins
9%
5. Wild Elves
24%
6. Sea Demons
12%

Total votes : 75

What do the people want?

Postby warploqueminis » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Hey guys,

I thought I would start a new topic for this, but I'm not sure if it is the right place :/ Ahhh well, it can always be deleted if it isnt!

Anyway, I've reached the point where I have all these ideas... so many, I don't know where to start, what to do with them, or even to do them at all!

So I thought that I would put it to you, my fellow Frothers... Which one would you choose? I'm not gonna give too many of my ideas away, just enough so that you get the jist of where I am going with the ideas so far...

1. Albionicans - Warploque Land's Human protagonists. Imagine the Victorian Empire, without guns? Troopers would be very Sharpe-esque, with shakos and the lot, but with swords, crossbows and catapults instead of muskets, rifles and cannon. Would inject a Steampunk aspect into it however, with Brunel-esque engineers, lots of wacky artillery (all without gunpowder, mind you), crazy contraptions (war Penny Farthing anyone?) and I was even thinking of an Air ship :P

2. Hobgoblins
. Lean, mean and green! About the hight of a human, these guys will be the "baddies". Going around, enslaving towns and villages, burning and pillaging wherever they go. Lots of plate armour, leather and chainmail, using these things as mounts -

Will include with this range lots of slaves of various species, humans, dwarves, hobbits, orcs, ogres you get the general jist of it. They will be nasty, but in a daft way, a bit like chavs really - they are doing bad things mainly because they have nothing else better to do...

3. Frog-men. I wanted to think up a much cooler name for them, but seeing as they will be, essentially, bipedal frogs, I thought I would keep it simple so that they would be easier to find on search engines and things. They would be very tribal, jungle dwelling creatures, hunting and fighting with blowpipes and spears. They would have shamans, who adorn themselves with feathers and animal skulls and things. Oh, and they would also ride Death Kiwis :P

4. Oriental Goblins, Mongoblins. Called mongoblins not just because of their Asian connotations, but aslo because they would be cyclopian, just to make em stand out from the rest a bit more ;) Quite small, they would be very Chinese in their imagery, with reed hats and oriental weapons and armour. For a bit of heavy support, they would also have Yao Guai, basically Chinese Ogres. You kind of get the idea where I am with this :P

5. Wild Elves. Very savage, tribal elves, mostly naked and very magical. Will incorporate beasts such as Giant Stags, Unicorns and at somepoint a Huge Treeman. Lots of druid-like imagery. Essentially skinny celts :P

6. Sea Demons. Cthulu. Thats pretty much the jist of it... lots of gribblies, shoggoth like creatures, Krakens, fishmen, shark people, squid people, crab people, whatever you want!

I've made a poll, so let me know what you think, and if you have any more ideas, whap em on here!

Thanks,

- Warpy
warploqueminis

Postby AndrewGPaul » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:16 pm

I'd choose the Elves, but I'm not likely to actually buy any, so feel free to ignore me. :)
AndrewGPaul

Postby Norton C Wongpower » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:35 pm

I voted Hobs (complete with those brilliant hounds) but do quite like the bonkers idea of cyclops Chinese goblins as well though.
Norton C Wongpower

Postby redzed » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:42 pm

no marbles option therefore NOT a proper poll.
redzed

Postby The Masked Frother » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:42 pm

The Albos sound too much like Flintloque only bound to be better sculpted.

I voted for the Elves but would have picked the sea monsters if I had a second choice.
The Masked Frother

Postby majorsoma » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:32 am

I voted Elves all the others have merit.
I can turn lead into gold just follow me into the alley and I'll show you how :)
majorsoma

Postby TheImp » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:58 am

Oriental Froglins
Albio-Demons
Sea-icans
Wild Hobelves
TheImp
Associate Member

Postby Gutbukkit » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:04 am

I voted hobgoblins. Mongoblins (but not cyclopean) would be second choice. Elves are NEVER an option.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. Gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it...
Gutbukkit

Postby Jeremy Wright » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:36 am

I vote frog men. Everyone does elves. We need more things like frogs on death kiwis!

(As an aside, I want to point out that, in the states at least, Oriental is pretty offensive to Asians. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but you might consider a name change down the line. I do like the idea of the goblins, one eye and all, and would pick that as a close second to frog men.)
Jeremy Wright

Postby wolfgangbrooks » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:11 am

For the frogmen, you could consider taking some cues from Guildwars 2.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hylek

I'd especially like to see a some fully armored ones in that style.
wolfgangbrooks

Next

Return to Colonel Marbles' Mess Hall