Fantasy itch: What size?

Your thoughts on the (small) world of little lead miniatures.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

What size/proportions?

Same are your sci-fi girls.
33%
GW Heroic.
24%
Ride Tre's coattails....
43%

Total votes : 46

Postby Pablo Spandangle » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:06 pm

tre wrote::lol: I doubt there would be any riding of coattails involved Andrew you are a very talented sculptor and have rightly made a strong name for yourself. That said I woudl personally love the company. The more sculpting in that " scale " the better I say. there are so many fantasy archetypes out there that I cannot possibly get to them all, and even if I did it is ridiculous to think that there can only be one successful version of any given archetype.

So I voted the third option. Look at it this way, there are very few sculptors working in that scale and a LOT of people who really like the scale and need mroe figrues to fit it.

Come on you know you wanna. :beer:

Thanks Tre. Just put in a wee order of some of your girlies. Should have ordered some ages ago anyway.

I guess it would make sense for independents to match scales, hopefully your stuff is fairly similar to what I'm doing already. If I do go for this size hopefully I won't be stepping on your coattails as I expect any fantasy stuff I do will be a bit silly. And there's no way I'm sculpting so many detail and flowing robes; I'd go mad!
Pablo Spandangle

Postby ink the troll » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:44 pm

I keep missreading the title as 'fantasy bitch'.
Anyways, I'd say make 'em compatible with Tre's miniatures size wise.
sanity is for cowards

blogthingy
ink the troll

Postby Pablo Spandangle » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:10 pm

ink the troll wrote:I keep missreading the title as 'fantasy bitch'.

Good idea for the first figure! :D
Pablo Spandangle

Postby Duff » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Go with the size you already work with Andrew. How about using practical ancient mediteranean influences on the arms and armour, rather than the usual mock medieval or oriental stereotypes, or ridiculous oversized shoulder plates and swords? Feel free to avoid spikes, skulls and chainmail bikinis if you can. 8)
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby joshuaslater » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Duff wrote:Go with the size you already work with Andrew. How about using practical ancient mediteranean influences on the arms and armour, rather than the usual mock medieval or oriental stereotypes, or ridiculous oversized shoulder plates and swords? Feel free to avoid spikes, skulls and chainmail bikinis if you can. 8)

This is solid advice.
Cauldron Born Miniatures

http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com
joshuaslater

Postby Pablo Spandangle » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:35 pm

joshuaslater wrote:
Duff wrote:Go with the size you already work with Andrew. How about using practical ancient mediteranean influences on the arms and armour, rather than the usual mock medieval or oriental stereotypes, or ridiculous oversized shoulder plates and swords? Feel free to avoid spikes, skulls and chainmail bikinis if you can. 8)

This is solid advice.

Indeed it is though I fear my muse may be telling me to sculpt leather clad dungeon bitches and warriors of the sacred poon... :oops:
Pablo Spandangle

Postby the_BADSMILE » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:41 pm

Andrew Rae wrote:Indeed it is though I fear my muse may be telling me to sculpt leather clad dungeon bitches and warriors of the sacred poon... :oops:

I say go for it ! :D
the_BADSMILE

Postby TheImp » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Andrew Rae wrote:leather clad dungeon bitches and warriors of the sacred poon...

I endorse this idea. Don't forget the slaves though. You can't have dungeon bitches without slaves of both genders!
TheImp
Associate Member

Postby Duff » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:05 am

Oh well. :(
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby Duff » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:06 am

TheImp wrote:
Andrew Rae wrote:leather clad dungeon bitches and warriors of the sacred poon...

I endorse this idea. Don't forget the slaves though. You can't have dungeon bitches without slaves of both genders!

:yawn:

Duff
Associate Member

PreviousNext

Return to Colonel Marbles' Mess Hall