Bugs and sculpts for everyone

Your thoughts on the (small) world of little lead miniatures.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Postby NAVARRO » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:26 pm

The dice tank no but these cervical arms are for ChapterHouse mate.

I'm sculpting also for other companies and will post some new stuff hopefully next month for them.
NAVARRO

Postby NAVARRO » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:54 pm

I just finished making a couple pairs of biosword arms for Chapterhouse studios
Instead of just one arm for big and medium sized creatures... we opted to make both left and right versions... also If you noticed and since they are biological arms, they have some diferences between them just to make it more interesting and fresh to the painters.

Chapterhouse folks asked me to insert some sort of crystal (due to fluff) in some place so the interior side of the swords have them instead of the mysterious eye that is present on the exterior side of the blade...

Without further talk here are some pictures...

Some huge zoom in's just for you guys check the texture and detail work

NAVARRO

Postby CrumbReaper » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:22 pm

I really like the style of your sculpting and detailing work and hope that one day you'll produce miniatures of your own with that kind of attention on them. 8)

Nice work as always, looking forwards to seeing the "notnid" drop pod!

CrumbReaper
CrumbReaper

Postby Vyper » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Sikil wrote:
NAVARRO wrote:Yes its for chapterhouse mates, to bad so many dont like them I find them quite nice to deal with, no problems whatsoever... In fact I'm having so much fun doing these concepts and sculpts that theres lots of things planned for the future.

Nothing I can do will change you guys mind about this I guess :(

Drake my hears are all open to all comments, I love the input everyone gives it really helps out to flesh some concepts and I try to include your advices and sugestions everytime I can. :wink:

District 9 aliens would rock... *nudge nudge*

Seconded, thirded and well get on with it!!!

:mrgreen:
Vyper

Postby NAVARRO » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Going to ret that movie for sure.

but for now...
NAVARRO

Postby NAVARRO » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi folks another sculpt ready to be casted and produced.

This project was really as freaky cool as it gets... I was aproached by David the owner of Displaced Miniatures to make a miniature for his collection and also to be casted and distributed by Black Cat Bases... so far so good nothing really diferent from the ussual comission... well thats because you dont know David HEHEHE.

Lets just say if you think Im nuts about bugs then multiply that a thousand times and you have the most funny guy EVER!... Although is poison is freaky, Pulpy-Mars-attack-space-monsters-with-legs-and-tentacles... I had the absolute pleasure to receive the tons of emails from David during the execution of this comission and each of them either had lots of cool space monsters atached or we just talked about common things like... bugs, monsters, warts, big foot...etc!

Man oh man it was some of the best mails I have received!
So this project was so damn fun to execute that I got dragged into this world of crazyness ( my other clients are going to kill me because I'm weeks behind the shedule)

So there you have it, a multipart CEPHALOARACHNID from space... let the Pulpy wars begin!

And a huge Zoom to pick up the flaws.

NAVARRO

Postby AKULA » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Mad, but cool.

:D

The combo of tentacles and insectoid body, doesn't work for me, personally (I guess it could be a biomechanical body, for a tenticalled cyborg?!?), but really well-sculpted all the same.
AKULA
Associate Member

Postby gloria_invictus » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:37 pm

I would purchase the head seperately, but not with that body. depending on pricing of course. I'm assuming the body will drive up the cost and make it not worth buying it just for the head.
It doesn't matter anyway, just buy some figures from the mightiest sculptor in the world! All Hail the creator! Brought forth from the loins of a 3 legged yorkshire terrier! Look upon his majesty!
gloria_invictus

Postby anevilgiraffe » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:43 pm

neck join is a little too human... if you'd gone for more of a hermit crabby kind of look... squatter head, more forward and then a body mass behind and up...

Gailbraithe wrote:I actually do know better than the dictionary.
anevilgiraffe
Associate Member

Postby ubertek » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Where are my fucking pods?

Please?
ubertek

PreviousNext

Return to Colonel Marbles' Mess Hall