Ebay seller, is this real

Your thoughts on the (small) world of little lead miniatures.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Ebay seller, is this real

Postby nonsuchpalace » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:15 am

£90 anyone, how can this be worth that much, no detailed painting and shield is a transfer!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294377844133?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
nonsuchpalace

Re: Ebay seller, is this real

Postby Voice From Limbo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:49 pm

Years ago, I saw someone listing three 15mm tanks for $800. You can put any price you like on stuff -- doesn't mean it's going to sell.
Voice From Limbo

Postby nonsuchpalace » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:50 pm

£193!!!! Are people bonkers, this figure has no artistic input what so ever!
nonsuchpalace

Postby Bronshtein » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:42 pm

Well it's a Charles Baynon dear boy!
Means fuck all to me and good luck to Charlie if he can get some mug to fork out nearly £200 for a wargames figure.
It's nice enough but you could buy the Footsore figure and get any one of a number of excellent figure painters to do an equally good job for a fraction of the cost.

If you're kicking yourself for missing this bargain you could always bid on his next offering:

£180.00 starting price!
Bronshtein

Postby nonsuchpalace » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:16 pm

If you're kicking yourself for missing this bargain you could always bid on his next offering:

GULP!
nonsuchpalace

Postby Bones McCoy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:11 pm

Bronshtein wrote:Well it's a Charles Baynon dear boy!
Means fuck all to me and good luck to Charlie if he can get some mug to fork out nearly £200 for a wargames figure.
It's nice enough but you could buy the Footsore figure and get any one of a number of excellent figure painters to do an equally good job for a fraction of the cost.

£180.00 starting price!

I could get a couple of armies in a non-munchkin scale and have change for fish suppers and a couple of cold ones.

Even if I loved this style of painting, and the money wasn't a problem - there would be another problem.
This figure will stick out like a sore thumb among your warband.
Your own try hard painting will look like a crayon job done by a 5 year old Stevie Wonder.
The overall impact of the army will be worstened: "One of them looks good, the rest are shit".

So you're stuck with trying to get 30 - 45 figures by the same painter, of the same quality; inevitably at the same cost.

Congratulations: Your £60,000 army.
You can't use it for games because wear and tear.
You can't transport it to shows because of the insurance.
And if it does get lost / damaged, some Cnut of a lass aduster will re-asses its value at a fiver per figure.
Bones McCoy

Postby Bones McCoy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:13 pm

Bones McCoy wrote:

£180.00 starting price!

I could get a couple of armies in a non-munchkin scale and have change for fish suppers and a couple of cold ones.

Even if I loved this style of painting, and the money wasn't a problem - there would be another problem.
Your own try hard painting will look like a crayon job done by a 5 year old Stevie Wonder.
The overall impact of the army will be worstened: "One of them looks good, the rest are shit".

So you're stuck with trying to get 30 - 45 figures by the same painter, of the same quality; inevitably at the same cost.

And if it does get lost / damaged, some Cnut of a lass aduster will re-asses its value at a fiver per figure.

Should say £6,000 army.
Bones McCoy

Postby Bones McCoy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:13 pm

Bones McCoy wrote:

£180.00 starting price!

Should say £6,000 army.
Bones McCoy

Postby nonsuchpalace » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:57 pm

It would indeed stick out cos mine have detailed hand painted devices on the shields and intricate pattern on the cape for starters and his never does, but hey if a shield transfer looks good enough so be it!
nonsuchpalace

Return to Colonel Marbles' Mess Hall