Lady Dwarves & Amazons!

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Lady Dwarves & Amazons!

Postby Annie » Thu May 30, 2019 7:23 pm

Bad Squiddo Games are excited to be launching our 6th Kickstarter, this time for Amazons and Dwarves in 28mm high quality white metal.

We’ve built up a solid reputation through our mixture of traditional web sales and Kickstarters, as well as presence around trade shows, so you know you can count on us!
LINK!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ba ... escription

Our Kickstarters tend to be pretty short, and this ends 9th of June, so don’t hang about!

Everything is sculpted and master moulded, so we’re just after the final push to get them into production.

The Dwarves are equipped for dungeon exploring or perhaps smaller skirmish games like Frostgrave and Open Combat. The Amazons have various historical references in there but are fantasy for pure “rule of cool”, they’d work well in “history lite” ancients games as well as similar fantasy. A new SAGA warband for Age of Magic perhaps mixed in with some plastic troops…
Despite having a wicked team of freelancers, Bad Squiddo is still just myself (Annie) so every bit of support really does mean the world. Even if you’re not into Amazons or Dwarves, the better this Kickstarter does, the sooner we’ll have more miniatures in our historical range – cash injection!

Here’s a couple of pictures for you!

I’ll be at UK Game Expo on the Sarissa stand this weekend (they’ve got some racks of quality Bad Squiddo products!) and 2pm Saturday in the pub next to the entrance is the Bad Squiddo Meet Up, I’ll bring some cool stuff to show off. (search “Bad Squiddo Beers” on Facebook)

Thank you,
Annie (Bad Squiddo Boss Person)
http://www.badsquiddogames.com
Annie

Re: Lady Dwarves & Amazons!

Postby Annie » Thu May 30, 2019 7:24 pm

We funded pretty dang quicky, and today.............. unlocked Norbert!

Annie

Postby Annie » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:04 am

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ba ... miniatures

Apologies for the quiet, I've been working at UK Games EXPO in Birmingham, 3 days of super hard work.

There's one more day left, I'm typing this from the hotel before I head back there for the final day, so if you're there and haven't come over yet, here's the map, we're on Sarissa Precision's stand.

So since the last update.....

We unlocked Norbert!

So he's automatically added to the All-in pledges (and two for the....two of everything pledge) and anyone else can add him for £8. He's a delightful little scamp, with his garlic, beers, sleeping bag, cardigan, keg.....

THEN!

...THEN!
We unlocked STICKERS!

More Martin Whitmore delights!

If you want any extra, just increase your pledge by £1 (and in the pledge manager you can let us know which ones you want)
AND THEN.............

(I know, I meant to update last night and the night before, but I pretty much fell into the hotel bed)

PEEGASUS!

IT'S HAPPENING!

PEEGASUS!

Same with the others, if you're not in an all in pledge you can add these for £8 by clicking the "manage your pledge" button. Or if you are in Pledge #4 or #5 and want.....more.... you can add them the same way. Everyone needs more, they're the best thing to ever grace the tabletop world. Not biased of course.

I've been showing everyone at Expo my lil inked peegasus, it's amazing. Many excite!

WHAT'S NEXT?

The peeg sprite that comes with Thea, Amazon captain, will be added to pledges. Starting at #4 and #5 for the £12,000 mark, but subsequent stretches will roll out to basically everyone getting one. These can't be bought as add ons and will only be available post Kickstarter in the pack with Thea.

I had a cast out at the Bad Squiddo Beers meet up and the "awwwwwwwwwwwww" was immense. So smol! And with such a dinky lil rider! Eeeee!

Then.... we have another stretch goal.

You will be able to see it before the campaign ends, it's being sculpted right now......

It has an Amazon AND a Dwarf in it! More info to come on that, but it is going to be....hamazing.

INTERACTIVE STUFFS

I did a little impromptu live video on Facebook the other day just showing off some casts and inking them up so you can see the detail better. There's some cool backstory on Norbert that emerges!

https://www.facebook.com/TheDiceBagLady ... 043879685/

In the coming week I'll be doing more live/interactive videos, such as painting some peegasus. I might try Kickstarter LIVE, even though it's been pretty terrible before, I think it was mostly the fault of the connection at my old place. I reckon we meet at KS Live, then if it all goes to pot we can jump over to Kickstarter. Good plan? I'll let you know in advance, it'll be an evening in UK time, and you'll be able to catch it later on too in case you miss it.

Once I'm back from the EXPO I'll be back on more regular updates and show offs and posts and all that! It's just been super hard as I've been glued to the stand.

Apart from Bad Squiddo beers, our annual meet up, which was a hoot as always! The place was super crowded and we couldn't fit everyone in shot, but here's a chunk!

I was passing around a load of master casts, and THEY ALL CAME BACK! HOORAY! And nobody dropped the tiny sprite!

Right I better get up and off to this EXPO.

See you soon, and keep telling your friends!

Annie
Annie

Postby Annie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:29 pm

New update, with more stretch goals added....

including a....noogie!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ba ... ts/2526131
Annie

Postby Annie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:31 pm

and the Ranger is painted!
Annie

Postby Annie » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:21 pm

Some sneak peaks of some cracking new stretch goals! Should have some more pictures by this evening.

Also, I should be live streaming painting one of the dwarfs tonight from Kickstarter LIVE, do come along! (8pm is the plan!)

Annie

Postby Annie » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:45 pm

live thingy, I'll be painting a dorf and chatting

here at 20:15 GMT!

https://www.facebook.com/TheDiceBagLady/

Annie

Postby Annie » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:36 pm

Evening!
Hooray! The peeg sprite is unlocked!

It's a baby guinea pig with a little fairy rider. It is SO SMALL!

If you were at the Bad Squiddo meet up at UK Games Expo, please do comment below on HOW TEENY AND PRECIOUS IT IS!

It comes in a pack with Thea, but for the KS only it will be on it's own. One for every pledge of #4 and #5. Don't worry, at £13,500 it will be added to pledge level #2 and #3 as well. WHEEEEEEEEEEP!
Now... A NEW SCULPT! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

We weren't going to, but what the heck. These new stretch goals are auto added (for free!) to pledge #4 and #5, but like the others, can be added by anyone for the amount shown on the image.

Kythera is a dwarf barbarian who uses sharpened bones fashioned into mitts for mega close combat damage. A tank that does not shy away from getting stuck in... literally.

Lots of people have been asking for a dwarf with a beard, and I was uncomfortable of doing it for the novelty value or to fit someone else's fluff. However, some women do have beards, and we are all for representation, so I found a way to meet in the middle.

Kythera is based on.....Kythera, a customer and friend (and great painter !!) who has outstanding facial hair, not too far off a famous wolverine based character. So she will now be immortalised (hopefully, if we unlock her!) in metal forever, in her LARP gear and suitable weaponry. She said it was awesome so long as she gets to paint the box art...........deal!

The sculpt is almost finished, pretty much needs her base and a bone sharpen once the putty is dry, there will be more pictures then. I am so happy with the sculpt, real menacing!
Sharper images to come, the sculpt is 95% finished, some tweaks to be done.

The following stretch goal is....Lehana, Amazon Champion She's in a dynamic pose with a kickass flail. Shane is still finishing her off and hey, give you a little bit and keep you wanting more right, can't show it all at once! Rest assured she is the baddest of asses.
AND THEN....!

Yes three brand new sculpts!... Kind of! Almost four!

This last one is.... an Amazon giving a noogie to a Dwarf. If this doesn't translate well to other languages... a noogie is basically where you put someone in a headlock and rub your knuckles on their head. Typing it makes it sound strange...

Alan Marsh is working on them as we speak.....well... depending on what time you read this anyway, he might be sleeping. Alan sculpted the vignettes for Freyja's Wrath and you can guarantee this will be AMAZING. No Pressure Alan.

Hooray for more stretch goals!

So three more stretch goals.... kaboom! The pledge levels #4 and #5 just got even better value for money. Because the KS is going so well, I think you're ace, and well, we all want more amazing dwarves and amazons. Don't worry if you're in a different pledge level, you can still add these to your pledges. If you head to "manage your pledge" you can increase by whatever you like, or even change pledge levels. Make sure to check out the add ons from the existing range too as there are three more amazons and one more dwarf in there, and a cool bundle for selecting a nice chunk of extra complimentary figures. The same with the excellent terrain, all sculpted by Ristul. For sizing and extra information on the latter, check here. Anything you add to your pledge at this stage rather than afterwards at the pledge manager will help unlock those lovely new things.

POCKET PEEG!

I mentioned in the last update that you need to see the pocket peeg, and now I have a picture, yay!

So the ranger has both a shoulder peeg (guinea pig) sidekick, as well as another pocket peeg in her bag to aid with the reloading. What a champ! This is definitely one of my favourite packs.

Back to all the other 8 million things I need to do, thanks for reading!

I've updated the main page with unlocks and bits too, check it out!

Thank you so much

Annie
Annie

Postby Annie » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:23 am

POST ON FROTHERS SHE SAID, MAYBE SOMEONE WILL REPLY SHE SAID

:shock:
Annie

Postby Bronshtein » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Annie wrote:POST ON FROTHERS SHE SAID, MAYBE SOMEONE WILL REPLY SHE SAID

:shock:

Everyone is so stunned and impressed with the quality, (not to mention guinea pig cuteness -cute! sorry I meant ferocity) that they are rendered speechless and are searching the bottom of their purses for every last penny to throw at the KS.

Well, that and the place is a bit of a barren wasteland. :(

Best of luck with this - and do I love the ranger with the one eyed peeg.
Bronshtein

Next

Return to Scouting reports