1816 Wargame - KICKSTARTER

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

1816 Wargame - KICKSTARTER

Postby Sergus » Tue May 07, 2019 9:29 am

This is a new skirmish game which launched its crowdfunding lat sunday. It is based in a dystopia of Europe with some steampunk/weird science details:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1901986014/1816-wargame-eternal-winter?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=1816%20
http://el-vademecum.blogspot.com/

Guiripollas sin vigilancia, cuidado
Sergus

Re: 1816 Wargame - KICKSTARTER

Postby Australian Dawn NLI » Tue May 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Set in a world where everyone is missing the lower half of their face apparently. either the creators really like masks or they can't sculpt mouths.
Australian Dawn NLI

Postby Rossco » Tue May 07, 2019 3:21 pm

I think you may have misnamed the project. The figures look more like an alternate reality 1916 rather than 1816.
Good luck with your project!
I Froth because I care about miniatures.
Rossco

Postby Bronshtein » Tue May 07, 2019 3:56 pm

Well its a pre-Victorian SF dystopia so perhaps drum fed MGs, breech loaders and gas masks (and presumably poison gas warfare) were developed a lot faster at the end of the Napoleonic wars in this universe (can't explain the pickelhauben development so early though - no excuse for that).

Best of luck with it - no weirder than most Victorian SF/Steam Punk/alt history things I guess.
Bronshtein

Postby Sergus » Wed May 08, 2019 5:02 pm

Australian Dawn NLI wrote:Set in a world where everyone is missing the lower half of their face apparently. either the creators really like masks or they can't sculpt mouths.

The "inhuman war" was an important point for the creator, and that is translated into covered faces for the figures.

Rossco wrote:I think you may have misnamed the project. The figures look more like an alternate reality 1916 rather than 1816.
Good luck with your project!

Yeah, a great advance in technologies, although steampunk is always that way, I think.

Bronshtein wrote:Well its a pre-Victorian SF dystopia so perhaps drum fed MGs, breech loaders and gas masks (and presumably poison gas warfare) were developed a lot faster at the end of the Napoleonic wars in this universe (can't explain the pickelhauben development so early though - no excuse for that).

Best of luck with it - no weirder than most Victorian SF/Steam Punk/alt history things I guess.

Yeah, you're right. And that's not the weirdest thing I have seen in there XD

Why can't I upload images here?
http://el-vademecum.blogspot.com/

Guiripollas sin vigilancia, cuidado
Sergus

Postby Jakar Nilson » Wed May 08, 2019 6:16 pm

Sergus wrote:Why can't I upload images here?

Because this forum is old and still runs on image link tags. Don't expect an uploading function to appear anytime soon.

Speaking of which, Photobucket is back to its old tricks. Basic accounts will be limited to 25mb on June 1st.
"There are those that claim that war is all glory, but I can tell you it is all hell." -William Tecumseh Sherman

http://dp9forum.com/aurora/ Read Alfie's Tenners, every second month in Aurora magazine!
Jakar Nilson
Associate Member

Postby Voice From Limbo » Wed May 08, 2019 9:41 pm

The FAC says you can add attachments if you "contact an administrator". :D

I use tinypic.com. Still free (so far), though the popup ads are annoying. It's pretty fast and easy otherwise.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Adster » Thu May 09, 2019 10:51 pm

I don’t mind all the steampunk techy stuff but if you are going to name a game after a specific year then why not make some effort to have the clothing styles from that period?
Adam

Hasslefriesian wrote:It's toy soldiers. Pick a ruleset, paint your minis, push them across the terrain making shooty noises.

Adster

Postby Condottiero » Sun May 12, 2019 1:45 pm

Adster wrote:I don’t mind all the steampunk techy stuff but if you are going to name a game after a specific year then why not make some effort to have the clothing styles from that period?

QFT...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

Return to Scouting reports