15mm Sogdian/Central Asian City States

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

15mm Sogdian/Central Asian City States

Postby Khurasanminiatures » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:11 am

We are very pleased to release a complete range of 15mm Central Asian City States figurines for around 500-1000, to cover the mighty city states of Sogdia as well as the Tarim Basin further east. These armies are perhaps best known for their heroic if doomed resistance to the Arab conquest, led by the fearsome Chakar, slave horsemen leading fierce charges with the lance, the bow only being used for shooting duels on foot.

We also have the Diqhan nobility in Turkish style armour, Khurasanian horse archers, and infantry with the bow (these were very high quality archers) and the spear (second-rate levies).

Available now:
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/ce ... tates.html

Khurasanminiatures

Re: 15mm Sogdian/Central Asian City States

Postby HongKongPhooey » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:54 am

Lovely, shames it's an expensive hassle to get hold of your stuff in the UK
HongKongPhooey

Re: 15mm Sogdian/Central Asian City States

Postby Bronshtein » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Yes, there are some lovely figures from some good sculptors and I'd be tempted to buy quite a lot of some of the ranges, if...

He listed a geographic postal address as he should, so I could guarantee contact if things went wrong,
He didn't lie about whose responsibility it is to deliver the figures undamaged - 'we aren't responsible..' - (yes he is).
And the VAT/handling charges wouldn't make it too costly/messy to import from the USA.

He obviously isn't responsible for the last point (but he could do a licensing deal with someone in the UK) but his attitude to dissing other people's figures using socks on TMP and his obvious belief he can do what the fuck he wants regarding distant selling make me reluctant to get involved in finacial transactions with him.
Bronshtein

Return to Scouting reports