Nano Metalfigs

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Nano Metalfigs

Postby Australian Dawn » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:44 am

I'm sure many of you have seen these popping up in stores all over.
For cheap, non gaming specific pop collectables they seem pretty good. I hope they prove to be a cheap gateway into the hobby for new gamers.
I've been picking them up for three dollars a pop at Big W whenever one catches my fancy and I thought I'd best give you guys a heads up.
the painting varies greatly of course but I'm surprised and a bit disturbed how well the arbitrary use of metallic paint actually works.
I think they'll be a pain in the arse to convert though.

I did pick up an extra MR Incredible to repaint as Chesty Bond though.

I hope they get around to some more obscure characters to give me some more options, but I'm guessing if they don't have a popular TV show or movie behind them we aren't likely to see them. :(
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Re: Nano Metalfigs

Postby Bronshtein » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:15 pm

What a sheltered life I lead - I had to google these and am still little the wiser. Aren't young people fascinating?
Bronshtein

Postby Australian Dawn » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:43 pm

Little the wiser? I thought the name was self explanatory. They're metal miniatures. Prepainted. alright if you're looking for a few models of popular superheroes for a game and not too fussy.
Might be a cheap and easy way of getting new gamers into the hobby.

They don't just have superhero ranges either, they have Harry Potter and the like as well.

Just thought they might have passed a few people on here by so I thought I'd help get the word out.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:27 am

From a quick google search it looks like they have some scenery that might work for gaming too, Gryffindor tower should be useful for fantasy skirmish gaming you'd think. Frostgrave and the like maybe?
Australian Dawn

Postby Rossco » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:35 pm

How tall are the Nano figures? I'm wondering if there could be other ranges they may be compatible with.
I Froth because I care about miniatures.
Rossco

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:48 pm

This site seems easy to navigate and has the scales in the description, on the right, though sadly the wrestling figs are a larger scale than the Superheroes so the site is not as useful as you'd hope. :?

https://metalsdiecast.com/portfolio-ite ... w1-20pack/

My Mr. Incredible is about 4.1 cm from foot to top of head, so is my commissioner Gordon, the Hulk's about four and a half cm and the Thanos I have (there are two I think) is about that as well.

DC and Marvel seem to go fine together IMHO, and if Mr Incredible is any indication the Disney Pixar ones mix in with them fine as well, I don't have any of the computer game based ones although they look to be the same as the superheroes scale wise from the one I've seen in the computer game store. The Harry Potter's look to be a match with the superheroes but again I don't have any I've just seen them in the store. I've no Idea about the Nightmare Before Christmas, the proportions of the characters in the show make me wonder if they might be in the larger scale of the wrestler figs.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Here's a link I found on LAF and he seems to place his at about the 32-36mm scale.

https://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com ... -figs.html
Australian Dawn

Postby Rossco » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Thanks!
I Froth because I care about miniatures.
Rossco

Postby Australian Dawn » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:35 am

I've had another look at some of the wrestler figs, and on second thought I could have been wrong about them being in a slightly larger scale than the others, I must have compared a small superhero fig with a large wrestler for my first assessment, sorry about that. :oops:
Australian Dawn

Return to Scouting reports