Mantic "Enforcers" (powered armour infantry)

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Postby Ajsalium » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:30 pm

* BUMP! *

So, these are still on pre-order, and scheduled to be released on the 17th of September.

What have I missed? :suspect:
My fucking blog
Updated Jan 21st
Ajsalium

Postby YAAF » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:03 am

They were selling them at the open day on Saturday and they said they'd shipped the pre-orders IIRC.

Up close these look very nice.
I'd recognise that sound anywhere! That's the sound of a hundred heads deflating.
YAAF

Postby Osbad NLI » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:28 pm

I took these pics at the Open Day on Sat. Very nice the models are too!

Osbad NLI

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:36 pm

Darn. Found a way of making a link to a bigger version, but too late to delete my last post...

Postby Gi6ers » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:42 pm

Got mine last week, no idea where to start with plastic clean up though. not a problem on smooth surfaces but it's when it goes across panel lines it's a pain.
Gi6ers

Postby Pablo Spandangle » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Gi6ers wrote:Got mine last week, no idea where to start with plastic clean up though. not a problem on smooth surfaces but it's when it goes across panel lines it's a pain.

Do the mould lines recess into the plastic rather than sit on top? I gave up on some Corporation figures because the mould lines were such a pain in the arse requiring filling rather than just scraping. I wondered if this was just a duff set I'd got or if it's just what happens with that production method.
Pablo Spandangle

Postby YAAF » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:56 pm

I've heard anecdotally that the material they use responds better to 'slicing' rather than scraping. I have no first hand experience of this so would appreciate finding out. This wouldn't be much use if they are recessed but I've not heard of this happening before.
I'd recognise that sound anywhere! That's the sound of a hundred heads deflating.
YAAF

Postby maxxev » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Oh will someone please burn the Image shack servers already so people can use a decent photo upload site....
maxxev

Postby Ajsalium » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Can anyone give me a measure of the minis from sole of feet to top of helmet?

Thanks in advance, you cunts. :wink:
My fucking blog
Updated Jan 21st
Ajsalium

Postby leadaholic » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 pm

YAAF wrote:I've heard anecdotally that the material they use responds better to 'slicing' rather than scraping.

Confirmed! be sure to take your time so as not to gouge out any lumps accidentaly, its not as quick as scraping but gets the same results. Its the nature of the stuf they are cast in (some sort of plastic-resin mix). Rather than a "fault".

It holds detail well and dosent melt like other manufactures products not to mention that its reasonably priced...oh I just have :)

ttfn
"If we were not supposed to eat animals, why are they made from meat?"
Well we're all cunts, this is frothers, if you aint a cunt you've come to the wrong place.
leadaholic

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting reports