Mantic "Enforcers" (powered armour infantry)

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Postby Shelfunit » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:12 pm

freakinacage wrote:
Osbad NLI wrote:Image

Is it me or does it look like he has a big upper body and teeny tiny legs?

From that angle, yes. The other photo shows he is sort of crouch walking, although he is a tiny bit top heavy.
Shelfunit

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Yes, the two photos are of the same sculpt - which are of a resin body with a putty head.

I suspect it is the angle of the shot as much as anything. The same effect is noticeable with their "Orx" which in photos look like they have teensy legs, but in reality they look much more in proportion.

As others noted elsewhere we have got used to sculpts which often have over-large legs.

Of course this is just my POV. Certainly in the photos I see enough to make me want to look out for more when they are finally released.

Postby Celt » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:14 pm

There are more pictures on their blog.

I like these!
Celt

Postby CrumbReaper » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Steders wrote:
AndrewGPaul wrote:I think having your Chapter led by a load of mechanical narcoleptics isn't much use.

:D If Gw had fluff where the dreadnoughts fell asleep during a briefing I would buy more of their stuff.

#snore# dakka dakka dakka

CrumbReaper

Postby Malebolgia » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:37 am

Beasts of War dorks wrote:The Enforcers from Mantic Games for their Sci-Fi game Warpath are now on Advance Order! Check out some of the configurations for these mighty soldiers below then consider ordering some yourself!
These models are certainly one of the best kits that have been released by Mantic. I love the look of the models, and the range of options is just great. I still maintain that they remind me of the Section 8 Drop Troopers!
Will you be adding these miniatures to your collection?

Tempted to get these...they look really nice IMO 8)
TwoGunBob wrote:If it's made out of plastic I am not interested. Steam punked plastic dongs go limp too easily.
Malebolgia

Postby freakinacage » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Malebolgia wrote:Tempted to get these...they look really nice IMO 8)

agreed
freakinacage

Postby Gi6ers » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:28 pm

already ordered, hate the sword though.
Gi6ers

Postby Inso » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:28 pm

They would look brilliant in gold and red :)
Have a look at my blog, it's really full of things: http://insosworld.blogspot.com/

Or, you could always learn about the world of Reptiliad: http://reptiliad.blogspot.co.uk/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/
Inso

Postby gloria_invictus » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:52 pm

The unpainted previews had me a little worried about the wonky knee and the teeny legs, but in the painted pics they look just fine.

not sold on the paint scheme - I think that could look a ton better then they do

and I'm not sold on the static way the heavy weapon is hel across the body, but overall I think they are really quite good and will be picking them up,.

agreed on hating the sword though.
It doesn't matter anyway, just buy some figures from the mightiest sculptor in the world! All Hail the creator! Brought forth from the loins of a 3 legged yorkshire terrier! Look upon his majesty!
gloria_invictus

Postby Condottiero » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Rev Nice wrote:
manatic wrote:
Rev Nice wrote:
Gi6ers wrote:
Rev Nice wrote:I once suggested about a previous mech armour type thing that the pilots were hardwired into them, that is that were they were either injury survivors or surgically modified.

I'd love to see more of this sort of stuff. I'd also like a view of a horribly mutilated 'victim' with lots of life support kit.

Dark Age has a model a bit like that.

I suppose my influence on the surgical aspect is the Cybermen.

That concept is used by GW in their 40K Dreadnoughts as well. I wish Princess Cuntoff was too :D

Speaking of the 40K Dreadnoughts, I always thought that it was a missed opportunity (unless they've already done it and I missed it) that since Dreadnought pilots are not altered or conditioned in the same way as Cybermen but are effectively, the same person with their original personality wired up to the machine, to have a character who was a general that suffered horrific injuries but survived and was encased in the Dreadnought but still lead from the front as a general as he had previously done.

Some of the hero characters have pretty over the top stats so it shouldn't really be a problem to have one who was a Dreadnought general (although I suppose there's someone somewhere who would say this fucks with the established fluff too much.)

In the meantime though, Princess Cuntoff sweeps through the Universe, ravaging it like a zombie strap-on hooker on bath salts.
Hail Cuntoff!

The Iron Hands Chapter's Clans can be led by Dreadnaughts.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting reports